• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone here watching Dexter: New Blood reboot?

EB1000

Beside Michael C Hall being a gifted musician, I really enjoyed the original Dexter series, especially up to season 4. While I didn't like the original ending, I was happy they left it open with room for more.

But now, after watching 7 episodes of the new reboot, I have mixed feelings. It seems like they're aiming for a more definitive ending this time. While the new show is well done, I miss the Miami vibe and cast.

What do you guys think of the new show? Do you think it's going to really a limited series like they said at first, or will the show runners be thirsty for more given the high rating numbers? What is your guess for the end game this time?

I don't think they're going to kill the main character, because it will be like killing James Bond or Batman... I guess we'll find out in less that three weeks.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes and we're enjoying it.

OP
EB1000

EB1000

No spoilers, but if anyone here is watching, I strongly advice you to stop watching at ep 9! I woke up this morning and saw that my local provider has added the 10th ep, while also changing the description from season to series finale. I couldn't resist not watching.

I actually had to call in sick after finishing this world worst finale I ever seen for any series. While the result was somewhat fitting and poetic, it was executed in the worst and ridiculous way possible! Why do a reboot to fix the original ending, then come up with even worst ending? It was so rushed, far fetched and predictable. so unfaithful to the original characters, while leaving so many plot holes and unanswered questions. At least the original bad ending was fitting and unpredictable. Too bad you cannot give 0 stars at IMDB ratings. One thing is certain, this season's writers fit Dexter's code... :)

Top Bottom