• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone heard about the HifiMan Deva ?

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has heard about this new model from HifiMan ?
http://store.hifiman.com/index.php/deva.html

They sure look good.
Price is decent.
They can be used wired and wireless.

Now if they'd also sound somewhat good, those might be something I could get !

Anyone had a chance to give them a listen already ?

Regards.

Fluffy

Wireless here means they put a Bluetooth receiver, dac and amp in that little attachment there (Bluemini). I'm puzzled as to how serious audiophiles that have to have Hifiman cans and probably couple them with prestige tube amps and luxurious dacs, can at the same time accept that this tiny attachment can replace their entire signal chain on it's own?

Would be interesting to have that thing measured.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If anything the frequency response curve from HifiMan doesn't inspire much confidence .. reminds of the Youtube of the Ultrasone $2800 phone. IT rises and rises ...
Price is good though...
1585677026549.png

OP
P

PenguinMusic

Wireless here means they put a Bluetooth receiver, dac and amp in that little attachment there (Bluemini). I'm puzzled as to how serious audiophiles that have to have Hifiman cans and probably couple them with prestige tube amps and luxurious dacs, can at the same time accept that this tiny attachment can replace their entire signal chain on it's own?

Would be interesting to have that thing measured.

Hi,

Well, as it can also be used with traditional wired configuration, I don't think that is a problem...
When at home, you can use it with the super expensive gear.
When on the run, you can probablyhave pretty nice connection with thtat Bleumini thinggy...
When at work, with the thing connected to USB...

Doesn't sound stupid does it ?

NymPHONO

The DEVA are excellent CABLED and properly amped with minimally powerful amp like Xduoo XD05plus or JDS LAB ATOM. I ask HIFIMAN for more Factual specs about the BLUEMINI Dac-amp, but they stay mysterious cause they say it's a revolutionary module that lotta other company will urge to copy if they know secret chips implementation. In term of power, it's very impressive, and I think it delivers up to 1W@16ohm (its nebulous but the DEVA are better amped with this than my FIIO BTR5). SNR is 85db. THD is THD <0.1% @1W/1KHZ . Thats less mind-blowing than the power output, its not blackest background (quite evident when pairing it with better amps).
Overall sound is vivid, near neutral, slightly bright, very well articulated and snappy. from 2khz to 15khz it's where more of energy came from but bass is fast and punchy too. Imaging is excellent and effortless. I'm a owner of SUNDARA too, the DEVA is little more intimate in soundstage, more boxy in bass presentation and dryer in timbre but treble seem more detailed. I do not have heard lot of bluetooth headphones, just the ****** Master&Dynamic MW60....which is shamefully inferior to DEVA in every aspect.

OP
P

PenguinMusic

Hi,
Thanks for this info.
Don't know how reliable that Brent Butterworth is, and how the soundstage site globally is known for, but that looks really promising.
And they also begin to stock the Deva here in France for 300€ + VAT => 370€.

So the Deva looks like a product to consider I think for 3 reasons :
- sound quality
- versatility of use
- price/sound/quality/comfort ratio

Anyone who would like to express on measurements (I don't understand much in those graphics), please share :)

Regards.

Last edited:

bassounds

I ordered a pair, kept them for two days, and returned them. Personal preference I suppose, but I agreed with some reviews I read in that I found they lacked bass extension. It's a shame, because I found a lot to like about the Deva. The Dac/Bluetooth module was connected via USB-C to macbook pro running Roon, and I liked that the Dac was able to decode PCM at 192kHz, MQA, etc. The mid and treble sounded exceptionally clear. But compared to something like HD 6xx, they were very light in the bass. The bass that was there also lacked definition and some minor distortion was present. Hopefully they fix these issues, because I think the concept is brilliant.

OP
P

PenguinMusic

Hi,
Thanks for that... Well, I must say that I currently own the B&W P7 Wireless and those are simply NOT for me because of the opposite : they are much too heavy on the bass :-(
Anyways, I 'll take them on a site where I can return them in case they do not suit me...
Regards.

Satanic12345

I would say that HIFIMAN Deva is a beast of a headset. It's very versatile and sound quality is of best. I think you should try it and trust me you wont get disappointed. You can learn more about HIFIMAN Deva Here.

OP
P

PenguinMusic

Hi guys,

I was wondering about their Bluemini thinggy...
If that is connected to a phone and then I have a female Jack with cable going into headphones other than Deva, can the bluemini thing be used as a thing like the Fiio BTR3 or BTR5 ?

Regards.

debullet

Hello,

Brent Butterworth just reviewed the Deva headphones for our SoundStage! Solo site -- measurements include.

https://www.soundstagesolo.com/index.php/equipment/headphones/239-hifiman-deva-bluetooth-headphones

Doug Schneider
SoundStage!
So they used the ifi Hip DAC as the amp in the review, which is the same I used while trying these out and I found the sound to be little underwhelming, it wasn't loud enough, until I turned off power match. But doing that idk felt a bit odd and unnatural whereas where I was impressed was while using the bluemini DAC/AMP that comes with the headphones itself, That thing is mind blowing honestly! So in terms of a good dac/amp on the wired side of things, im still searching for one, because im not that educated on the impedance and sensitivity things, only recently started reading so im quite excited to try them on wired with a compatible dac/amp, it is a rather hard headphone to drive in all honesty but the sound is just bliss, lower on the bass but I think its good enough to make the sound natural!

Top Bottom