• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone have experience with Nobsound specifically for monitor controlling? Poor quality?

thevisi0nary

Looking for a simple monitor control solution that I can mount under my desk.
Was originally looking at the Drawmer MC2.1, but I found these:

Nobsound Fully Balanced Single Ended Preamp

Nobsound 1-IN-3-OUT XLR Audio Switch

Would line them up horizontally under my desk.

I'm not even interested in them because they are cheaper, I just like the dead simple form factor of having two big knobs, and I wouldn't need to peek down when switching and attenuating volume. for what it's worth, the room I mix in is on the smaller side and I prefer to mix at lower volumes.

Curious if anyone has tried these before and if I should avoid them. I would look at alternatives in a similar form factor, but there is nothing I can find.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the three way switcher and it has been fine. Don't know about the volume control, but would think it was fine.

The two versions of switchers have been measured here and are basically not effecting the signal at all.

Here is a review of the other version of their switcher.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The 3 in 1 out (or the reverse one, can't remember) has been reviewed here and I own. Works fine. Can't speak about the volume control though.

Edit, @Blumlein 88 beat me to it.

Last edited:
OP
thevisi0nary

thevisi0nary

I have the three way switcher and it has been fine. Don't know about the volume control, but would think it was fine.

The two versions of switchers have been measured here and are basically not effecting the signal at all.

Here is a review of the other version of their switcher.

I am just realizing I read this a month ago when I revisited the topic and completely forgot lol, thank you for linking me.

Do you have any issues with sound bleed into the other speakers?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am just realizing I read this a month ago when I revisited the topic and completely forgot lol, thank you for linking me.

Do you have any issues with sound bleed into the other speakers?
I actually have both versions. The one you pictured I use in my surround system. I run one set for my front left and right speakers from a Marantz multichannel pre/pro and into a stereo power amp. I switch to another pair of inputs where I keep a higher quality DAC connected when I want to do stereo listening to music. I don't get any bleedover.

The other I've used when recording and have reasons to switch sources. It is physically smaller and easier to take with me.

duffer5

I see that they have changed the XLR connectors to a generic connector instead of the former Neutrik brand. Any concern going forward with the purchase with this change?

OP
thevisi0nary

thevisi0nary

I see that they have changed the XLR connectors to a generic connector instead of the former Neutrik brand. Any concern going forward with the purchase with this change?

I ended up going with the TC Monitor pilot, it’s been excellent so far!

Top Bottom