• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone had their audio equipment go through Customs?

josiah

My D50s went through customs. Just wondering what peoples normal experience with products that go through customs are. I assume everything will be fine.

doctorjuggles

Every country is different so it would help to know where you are, but I’ve had several pieces of equipment held at customs (or delivered and then had a separate invoice delivered a few days later) and it’s always been fairly seamless/painless (aside from the pain of paying even more for something that you have already “paid for”)

OP
J

josiah

It was from Apos.store. Topping D50s sent from Hong Kong, China, to United States.

Package was sent via DHL Express by Apos.

jeffbook

In the USA, Nord (UK) offers a $10 service that deals with all customs fees. This is in addition to the customary shipping fees. I used it when I purchased a multichannel Ncore amp. It worked fine. Total shipping time from Nord in the UK to my doorstep in Ohio was 2 days.

leonroy

Forum Donor
I've done US > UK all the time, always fine. Everything from big full size AV gear to headphone amps. It's always been packaged extremely well. Never an issue apart from the customs duties which HMRC never seem to miss!

Anywhere > Pakistan though has been a different matter - lucky to receive an empty box! Really depends on the country.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've ordered a handful of stuff from China with no problems. Generally quick shipping. I wouldn't order anything from Huawei via FedEX. That is probably not a good idea, because you could wind up on an official list, and who needs that?

I ordered some Buddhist mantra CDs from Malaysia, which took a couple of three months to arrive. Probably because they were so popular it was a backorder. But ever since Tower Records closed, where else are you going to get that sort of thing?

I have no idea about customs. Most of my orders have been low dollar. I've been thinking about a boron cantilevered Microline stylus for my V15xMR. JICO Japan has them for $200.00, shipping under $25.00. We'll see.

BillG

Major Contributor
sent from Hong Kong, China, to United States

I've had items sent from there, and the mainland, to New Zealand quite frequently and have never had a problem with customs. However, we've got a friendly relationship with them, and we're not engaged in a trade war with them currently either... :p

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I purchased 5 items from China on AliExpress including a Topping DX7s and a Nobsound relay volume control without issue. I recently purchased a pair of hand built 300b PSET monoblocks from an individual in China and they arrived without issue. I note that all these shipments have been via DHL.

Martin

Top Bottom