• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone from AVnirvana here?

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Guys,
I signed up to AVN a few weeks ago so I could download the latest REW beta software. I never received an email notifying me of authorization. I just checked again and the site says: "You have been banned for the following reason: Spam. Please contact the administrator if this was done in error.."

No idea why I would be seen as spam. I contacted Matthew Poes via PM here and he replied but was unable to help. So, I'm hoping someone here might have affiliation or be willing to reach out to someone there who can help me get this taken care of.

Thanks,
Erin

index.php

Last edited:
OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Thanks.

I didn't realize Sonnie ran that place. I just went looking for him on FB... could have sworn we are friends there, but I'm not seeing him. So, thanks for reaching out for me. I appreciate it.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
For that matter, the creator of REW is a member here...

Sonnie

Hey Erin... I thought you were already a member. I'll fix it for you, no problem.

We had a huge issue with spammers and had to implement a very strict system, and it catches some innocents all along.

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Hey Erin... I thought you were already a member. I'll fix it for you, no problem.

We had a huge issue with spammers and had to implement a very strict system, and it catches some innocents all along.

Perfect. Thanks, Sonnie.

I also thought I was a member there but it didn't recognize my email address when I tried to get the site to send me my username. I didn't realize you owned that place... are you still running HTS as well?

Sonnie

Perfect. Thanks, Sonnie.

I also thought I was a member there but it didn't recognize my email address when I tried to get the site to send me my username. I didn't realize you owned that place... are you still running HTS as well?
Verticalscope (same company that owns AVS) owns HTS now... sold out back in 2014. Some of the HTS guys approached me in 2017 to start up AVN and I figured why not.

OP
hardisj

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
Verticalscope (same company that owns AVS) owns HTS now... sold out back in 2014.

Good decision. That company has ruined many a good forum. I am a moderator on a couple of them... one you already know (DIYMA).

I'll go log in to AVN and introduce myself. Thanks again for taking care of the issue for me. :)

Top Bottom