• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone else miss Winamp?

wunderkind

Wow that was a bit of nostalgic trip! The many hours spent testing skins....

Well we have Wiim Amp now.

Anthony LoFi

I have to disagree. Foobar2000 for MacOS is very functional and even has a built in PEQ. Maybe you need to try the latest version.
Sorry Ron, yes my mistake, SKINS are not applicable to the Mac version which is not too cool if you aren't happy with the default version.
Also the latest version does not allow any ID3 tag editing but you can with the Windows version.
For a free app its very good and will probably get even better.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Sorry Ron, yes my mistake, SKINS are not applicable to the Mac version which is not too cool if you aren't happy with the default version.
Also the latest version does not allow any ID3 tag editing but you can with the Windows version.
For a free app its very good and will probably get even better.
There is definitely a lot missing. New builds are coming out regularly. I use Picard to edit tags.

oscar_dziki

WACUP project is a rebuild of Winamp that I have been using frequently. It's a one-man project so the updates are a bit sporadic, but it works well enough. https://getwacup.com/
Looks awesome, but somehow I'm too addicted to streaming to try it out...
Btw, don't you think that Winamp Modern skin still looks modern:D
1707668000085.png

Top Bottom