• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anybody auditioned Eve Audio monitors?

NTomokawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
How do they stack up against similarly-priced products such as Neumann, Dynaudio, etc.?

They offer polar pattern charts for their speakers which is not something I'm used to see in their price range.

PresbyByrd

Forum Donor
Never heard them, but aren't Hedd supposed to be their technological successor (as far as the ribbon tweeter goes)?

I wasn’t sure if this was tongue-in-cheek, but Hedd’s inventor has a background with Adam.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Eve was started by an Adam executive. HEDD was started by the chief designer and CEO of Adam.

Adam had financial difficulties at one point and had to undergo restructuring. It led to the eventual formation of the other companies.

OP
NTomokawa

NTomokawa

Forum Donor
Interesting information.

PresbyByrd

Forum Donor
Eve was started by an Adam executive. HEDD was started by the chief designer and CEO of Adam.

Adam had financial difficulties at one point and had to undergo restructuring. It led to the eventual formation of the other companies.

Thanks, I stand corrected. BTW, I have the S2V’s also.

Da cynics

SC205
A1A895D5-7510-4E58-810D-6E85AB9C3500.png
3D9E7982-DEFD-4049-9AA5-C1AD76F93AA6.png

SC207
D31386EC-8EA2-4A82-AF0E-70E9DF7E0CD3.png
6575341B-C7ED-43AD-A86D-030C5BFDBD72.png

Red = 0° / Green = 30° horizontal off-axis

Horizontal configuration
Red = 200Hz / Green = 1kHz / Blue = 5kHz

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
There's a good review of the one of their monitors in Resolution Magazine: Eve SC307.

Ironic that the scans they provide for their graphs are pretty 'low-res'.

Conclusion:
"Overall the SC307 has a mixture of attributes. The smooth frequency response and excellent low frequency distortion performance are compromised somewhat by the time-domain response. It is perhaps surprising given the use of digital signal processing, which can relieve some of the restrictions that are inherent in conventional analogue filters."

Funny how the conclusion is opposite for their review of the Sceptre S8:

"...coaxial design ensures that the off-axis responses are consistent and, in combination with the accurate DSP time-alignment, should give a very good approximation to a point source regardless of off-axis angle. The frequency response is more uneven than may be expected, given the DSP equalisation capability, particularly as most of the irregularities are present off-axis too; however, this may be offset by the accurate mid- and high-frequency transient response."

One wonders why they don't use the speaker's on-board processing capabilities to the max from the start -- I'm not a speaker designer so really have no clue. So I came up with my own, admittedly rough, approximated speaker correction EQ for the latter monitor.

OP
NTomokawa

NTomokawa

Forum Donor
Interesting stuff. Good to see that my old thread is getting some traffic!

nahuel

Wish Amir did a test & measurement on Eves SC307s...

I have a pair of sc307s and really like mixing on them, no problems at all with translation, really good bass response, imaging, enough power (for my room at least)... I use them with a pair of Focal CMS40 and one Mixcube for mono check. Midrange stays balanced in all three systems. It's good to have no bass & treble on other systems to focus on that, but i find that the midrange on the Eve's stays pretty clear.

Didn't tried them with a sub yet.

I'd also would like to hear other people who own Eve's and their experience on them.

ahmedmo1

I own Eve SC208s and have owned quite a few other speakers;

-Adam ARTist 5, Adam T7V, Adam A7X, Presonus Sceptre S6, Genelec 8010/8020/8250, HEDD Type 20, etc.

They're my favorite speakers thus far. The HEDDs are definitely a superior speaker (and are 3X the price) but I like the tonality of Eves. I use them as hifi/front L&R in a home theatre system and as desktop speakers (yes I have two pairs!). If you're looking for speakers with the air and detail retrieval of AMT tweeters with a smooth/ warm sound, Eves will be your jam.

Again- Eves tend to run warm/ smooth. They are not overly forward or clinical on the top end (thank god for me).

Top Bottom