• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any women on this forum?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The internet...

Where men are men, women pretend to be men to avoid creepy marriage proposals via PM, and children are actually FBI agents.
Hang around certain necks of the interwoods and you will find plenty of men pretending to be women. And no, I don't mean trans/ CD/ drag or other honest folk before anyone starts getting all PC on me.

EDIT- thats a reference to what I will euphemistically call "dating" sites by the way. Not some of the rather catfishy ASR senior members.

Last edited:

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hang around certain necks of the interwoods and you will find plenty of men pretending to be women. And no, I don't mean trans/ CD/ drag or other honest folk before anyone starts getting all PC on me.
Yeah, just looking around I see quite a bunch of men pretending to be women - at least when looking at their avatars. Maybe they want to follow ASRs owner ... :cool:

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, just looking around I see quite a bunch of men pretending to be women - at least when looking at their avatars. Maybe they want to follow ASRs owner ... :cool:

My avatar is a girl too...

:cool:

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just curious. A lot of these engineering-oriented spaces tend to be more popular among men.

I went to one of the xIT's when the first women were admitted - there were 4 of them.

Over the decades there has been a lot of equity in psychology, anthropology, sociology -- and even in the sciences, esp. biology. Engineering, chemistry & physics (maybe geology?) have a ways to go.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The internet...

Where men are men, women pretend to be men to avoid creepy marriage proposals via PM, and children are actually FBI agents.
When men were real men, women were real women, and small, furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small, furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Yeah, just looking around I see quite a bunch of men pretending to be women

Me?

Maybe pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman (though not entirely convincingly).

Consider it my homage to Harris Glenn Milstead.

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Me?

Maybe pretending to be a man pretending to be a woman (though not entirely convincingly).

Consider it my homage to Harris Glenn Milstead.

I still have an unused scratch and sniff card from "Polyester"

A800

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The internet...

And "users" are fake gimmick accounts to keep a dying forum alive.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

From your link to a Google search:

Kino.jpg

Kino2.jpg

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Only on Saturday nights.

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sisterhood of the Transducing Pants