• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any Traders Out There?

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Well...

I didn't expect the negative attitudes that have been expressed.

I feel better now.

Thank you!

I hope you didn't take my comment as negative, different approach different goals we can live in harmony.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As long as we have negatieve interest rates so time has know value anymore An big compagnies can borrow close to zero OR even negative an buy their own stocks back so their p/e ratio/ stockprice sors than the laws of physics/economics don"t apply anymore. Did thought of buying physical gold as most national Banks in the world withdraw their gold by now. But if shit breaks out it Will be confiscated as in WO1 an 2 changed for worthless war or goverment bonds. So paying of your Mortgages An puting solarpanels on your roof (if you are yongh enough to earn them back) is what you can do. An retire as soon as possible as long as your retirement fund (if it is income stady) has any value which declines rapidly with negative interest rates.:facepalm:

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
No, not trading gear...

Financial vehicles.

No, not so much investing...

Short term in and out, long or short.

What do you watch, and why?

In 1999 when we moved house I was 'advised' to invest in the stock market.
Bought it and we all know how that went in 2000.

This took a toll on my health and daily mood. When I broke even (after about 6 years) I decided to get out because it affected me too much.
Should have let it ride and would have gotten the desired results by now.
In the end, this is not something I would recommend to anyone.
One has to not really care or sit on it almost hourly.

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I hope you didn't take my comment as negative, different approach different goals we can live in harmony.

No, not pointing any fingers... Just observing the stories/warnings/advice that keep popping up.

I've had my share of setbacks, too, over the years.

Two trades tonight, both wrong from the start...

Got out with $74 so no tears...

Last edited:
OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Oh...

Futures trades get a "favorable" tax treatment.

Regulated Futures Contract Gains are taxed as 60% Long Term Capital Gain and 40% Short Term (same as ordinary income, whatever bracket you fall into).

Normally you have to hold a position for a year and a day to get the Long Term rate.

1582192006432.png

I'm not sure how that's gonna work out, but looks "favorable".

---

Another little five-minute scalp executed for $44.50

It was staring me in the face, I couldn't hep mysef.

Last edited:
OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Trading can be addictive, like a lot of other things.

Called in another little airstrike for $49.50, making $163.50 spending money since midnight.

I say it's naptime, before I make a thoroughly regrettable boo-boo.

Later.

1582197835261.png

1582198232275.png

Last edited:

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When I look at Tesla, Netflix, Uber etc., all I can think of is WeWork, Enron, and Illinois government pension funds. I just don't see how it continues on and on... over and above. But if people can do it, see the value in this stuff, and surf it to the shore without drowning or eaten by sharks, then they are better players than I'll ever be.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When I look at Tesla, Netflix, Uber etc., all I can think of is WeWork, Enron, and Illinois government pension funds. I just don't see how it continues on and on... over and above. But if people can do it, see the value in this stuff, and surf it to the shore without drowning or eaten by sharks, then they are better players than I'll ever be.
Till one of the lemmings don't want to follow/play any more as in 2008 happend with CDF's (credit default swaps). Than IT becomes a ponzi scheme/fraude. One of the first falsification you learn in economics is that Markets tend to balance and behave rationally (think twice with your common sence i would say) Al ready years ago Karl Popper had problems with this theory. George Sorros describe it a justification regarding economics to been taken seriously hé made billions on these theorie by pressuring the market such that one of the lemmings fals over like a house of cards.

Last edited:
OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Didn't fall asleep.

Buy 29298
Sell 29342

Since midnight:

1582212231744.png

Last edited:

MRC01

Major Contributor
I've done a couple of startups and regulation D VC investments over the years. I learned a lot but I'm by no means a subject matter expert.

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

digititus

I trade Crypto - Bitcoin, Ethereum etc. The new Wild West ;)

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
*wakes up a little more, rubs eye, peeks at the charts... rubs other eye looks some more...

Whoa.

418 points due south...,

"(Reuters) - U.S. stock indexes fell more than 1% on Thursday, with technology stocks among the hardest hit as investors weigh how bad the economic damage will be from the coronavirus outbreak as the number of cases rise outside of China."

Uh huh.

... and 266 wandering back to the north.

Not the end of the world yet, boys...

---

Anyone watch the Debate last night?

*remembers first JFK/Nixon debate

OP
RayDunzl

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Last edited:

digititus

I'm one of those could have bought BTC for a few cents, as there was an early early early adopter in the chat at the time.
My first purchase was in 2013 - approx $40. It's been quite a ride.
Satoshi is dead IMHO.

MRC01

Major Contributor
... Got a story to go with it?
Sure but it's not that exciting. One of the startups I joined, first as a contractor, liked the company enough to become an employee and an investor. I wouldn't invest in a non-listed company unless I knew the people involved, their product and the industry very well and would be working with them to help make it successful. It's more of a lifestyle choice than an investment. At least for me.

The volatility of the past few months should be driving options premiums through the roof. That's a big trading opportunity. Even if you keep it simple and just sell calls on stocks you already own.

Top Bottom