• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any thoughts/experience with SVS PC-2000 pro?

theory

Hi I was looking for my first sub for my HT system. I was considering the SVS PC-2000 pro due to the ported, downward firing, small footprint nature of the sub. I was also looking at Rythmik subs as well but all of their ported subs have quite a bit larger foot print. I was looking for others thoughts and opinions on the SVS.

Honken

I've got a pair of the non-pro version, PC-2000. I'm not equipped to judge their quality other than frequency response (they follow my house curve to about 15hz), but I am happy with them. They're definitely way larger than I envisioned however.

They get more than loud enough to piss off not only my closest neighbors, but most of the building. I've never felt the need to dial up the volume past 12 'o clock, which was stupidly loud. I am not a hundred percent sure of my measurements, but I want to say that most of the distortion stems from resonances within my room rather than the subs themselves.

My only gripes are that the top... lid is a dust magnet, and that they do not feature XLR in. I had to swap RCA cables due to my old ones letting hum in.

OP
T

theory

I've got a pair of the non-pro version, PC-2000. I'm not equipped to judge their quality other than frequency response (they follow my house curve to about 15hz), but I am happy with them. They're definitely way larger than I envisioned however.

They get more than loud enough to piss off not only my closest neighbors, but most of the building. I've never felt the need to dial up the volume past 12 'o clock, which was stupidly loud. I am not a hundred percent sure of my measurements, but I want to say that most of the distortion stems from resonances within my room rather than the subs themselves.

My only gripes are that the top... lid is a dust magnet, and that they do not feature XLR in. I had to swap RCA cables due to my old ones letting hum in.
Thanks for the response. I’m sure they will be loud enough for me and my space. Not looking to pressurize my room since it’s open but will have the sub placed close to the seating positions to try to at least get some of that rumble. I just figure that a taller slimmer cylinder may overall look “smaller” compared to a big black box that can basically be a 2ft x 2ft x 2ft cube. Also no cats here so I shouldn’t have to worry about them becoming giant scratching post.

rccarguy

Cylinders do not take much floor space, as volume of the sub goes vertical. Easy to move as well. I've owned a couple of SVS cylinders. Excellent movie subwoofers.

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have an SB-2000 Pro. I love the bluetooth app that lets me adjust volume/x-over from a smartphone. Plus it has a 3-band PEQ. Only downside is that the amp failed after 1.5 months. SVS support was really helpful.

The CEA2010 numbers on the PC-2000 (non-pro) look pretty good. If you contact SVS support, they can likely tell you how the Pro version compares.

darealest1

Hi I was looking for my first sub for my HT system. I was considering the SVS PC-2000 pro due to the ported, downward firing, small footprint nature of the sub. I was also looking at Rythmik subs as well but all of their ported subs have quite a bit larger foot print. I was looking for others thoughts and opinions on the SVS.
I bought one earlier this year when the pandemic set in, and i couldnt be happier with it. It digs deep, gets that lower octave that my other two subs couldn't reach(klipsch sw-112's), and has clean, unmuddied bass. Once i got it dialed in properly, i felt i had to go back and re-watch a lot of my favorite movies, because the experience was totally different. I would suggest getting it personally.

Sprint

Forum Donor
I have a pair of SB-12nsd which is similar to 2000 but a older model. From the sound, I am very happy. It shakes my room.

OP
T

theory

I ended up going with a Rythmik FVX15. So far so good, loving the bass coming from only using tv speakers before.

Top Bottom