• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any suggestions for a new a 4.1 or 7.1 preamp/processor with five/eight XLR outputs and room correction ?

mannina

Hello Forum,
Any suggestions for a new a 4.1 or 7.1 preamp/processor with five/eight XLR outputs and room correction ?

Currently I am using a Parasound P5 to control my turntable, DVD CD player, and a MacPro. The Parasound is limited to 3 xlr out which are used to output the signal vial 3 xlr cabels to three powered speakers (L, R, SW)

I want to add two more powered speakers for a 4.1 system and to utilize room correction software. Currently my Parasound P5 does not have any capabilities for room correction such as delay, EQ or phase.

There are a lot of products out there with 11.2, xlr out and room control an upwards but 11.2 feels like overkill. However, I am not finding many products out there that will suit my needs (5 xlr out, room correction).

I contacted mini DSP they “recommend the DDRC-88A, as it has 8 Input / 8 Output XLR, and the hardware embedded with Dirac Live AutoEQ software for room correction and miniDSP 88BM plugin. The 88BM plugin is able to upgrade(purchase require) to the Enhancement Mode, which allows advanced routing and bass management. The path would be: Parasound P5 XLR Out > XLR to Pheonix cable > DDRC88A Pheonix In > DDRC88A Dirac Live AutoEQ software > DDRC Pheonix Out > Pheonix to XLR cable > 5 Speakers.”

I listen to a lot of vinyl (Classical instrumental and choral from early Baroque to contemporary composers, and Grateful Dead) and this sounds like a satisfactory solution to my needs, but I would like to gain some perspective from the members of this forum.

Please take a few minutes and provide any thoughts and/or recommendations you might have.

Thank you,
Andrew (mannina)

Top Bottom