• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any recommendation for 300 to 600 ohm Bass Headphones for electronic music?

john5220

I am talking a good quality but affordable bass headphones with super good sub woofer 20hz bass that u find on very expensive klipsch subwoofers

I am thinking maybe closed backs are way better? It must also have clear mids and highs also maybe beyerdynamic? Are open back any good for this?
Are 300 to 600 ohm cans better for this ?

I already have a hd58x so looking for a good noticable upgrade but I assume just about any used back is a good upgrade when it comes to real bass?

Hd58x is known for the best bass in open back sennheiser but let's be real its nowhere near what u find with klipsch subwoofers or closed back headphones

Btw how does those x00 fostex sound? I want something that will put my new liquid spark amp to proper use. But fostex is pretty expensive I wonder if beyerdynamic sound just as good for far less money?

I want something good for those German electronic space music and stuff

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
First, you definitely need closed-backs for what you're seeking for: sub bass extension.
Did you think about the Neumann NDH 20?

Neumann-NDH20---FR.jpg

NDH20-AFR-sysw.PNG

DT1770, Shure SRH1540 and Sony Z7 also come to mind.

garbulky

Major Contributor
I am talking a good quality but affordable bass headphones with super good sub woofer 20hz bass that u find on very expensive klipsch subwoofers

I am thinking maybe closed backs are way better? It must also have clear mids and highs also maybe beyerdynamic? Are open back any good for this?
Are 300 to 600 ohm cans better for this ?

I already have a hd58x so looking for a good noticable upgrade but I assume just about any used back is a good upgrade when it comes to real bass?

Hd58x is known for the best bass in open back sennheiser but let's be real its nowhere near what u find with klipsch subwoofers or closed back headphones

Btw how does those x00 fostex sound? I want something that will put my new liquid spark amp to proper use. But fostex is pretty expensive I wonder if beyerdynamic sound just as good for far less money?

I want something good for those German electronic space music and stuff
Which Klipsch subwoofers? The HD 58X aren't bass kings but with a good amp it will go quite low and clear but may not have the slam you are looking for. My HD600 had bass quite a bit clearer than a lot of subs I've heard but not quite that level of slam.

OP
J

john5220

Which Klipsch subwoofers? The HD 58X aren't bass kings but with a good amp it will go quite low and clear but may not have the slam you are looking for. My HD600 had bass quite a bit clearer than a lot of subs I've heard but not quite that level of slam.

Not sure maybe the most expensive klipsch?

So you are saying I can get a much more bass like experience closer to closed back out of my hd58x when my liquid spark amp arrives?
But then I have to adjust the 30hz db on the eq? Raise it very high but it may get distorted?

garbulky

Major Contributor
Not sure maybe the most expensive klipsch?

So you are saying I can get a much more bass like experience closer to closed back out of my hd58x when my liquid spark amp arrives?
But then I have to adjust the 30hz db on the eq? Raise it very high but it may get distorted?
Why don't you just wait and see? It may be very good or you may be wanting a bit more. It depends on your preferences. Usually the slam and punch of a subwoofer does not come from 30hz. It comes from higher, I think in the 50-70 hz region. Overall however headphones will not give you the punchy full sensation that speakers do though some headphones can get pretty close.

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (non bleutooth version), best bass extension for an open headphone.

OP
J

john5220

well what is normally recommended for EDM with subwoofer like slamming bass that doesn't cost plenty money?

I assume there is something for under $200?

Top Bottom