• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any receivers or amplifiers with built in ADC that record?

RoyRoyRoy

Hi everyone,

I purchased a NAD C715 (Brochure) (User Guide) that has an interesting feature of being able to take any input, and record it straight to mp3 (max of 192kbps) or WMA (max of 128kbps) in 44.1 khz.

I was thinking of using it (with a phono preamp as this NAD has no Phono input) to digitize some very old Vinyl records off of a Dual 1009 turntable. I also have a few other amps, including a Yamaha RX-596 which has Phono, but I would need to find an ADC, such as the Behringer UFO202, as I found the recommended ones like the Muto M2 (not even sure I can connect that to my amp's analog rec output) or the Behringer UMC204HD U-Phoria USB, or Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd Gen) USB Audio as these are out of my budget considering I'm NOT digitizing hundreds of records, but just about 10 or so.

Does anyone know of any receivers/amps that can do straight recording to mp3/flac or whatever digital format? As that would save a lot of hassle as it's a one touch action! I've recorded FM to mp3 and it sounds pretty good coming from the NAD, but it's like nobody makes this anymore as I can't find any. Any help into this obscure feature request would be greatly appreciated.

OP
R

RoyRoyRoy

Has anyone tried either the Tascam DR-05X or the Zoom H1N audio recorder to connect from the line out of your amplifier (My turntable would be connected to my amp) to digitally record your music? Both are around $130 CAD, so it's not bad considering the hassle they would solve of buying an AD convert + connecting it to my computer and using Audacity to manually record it. Seems like a good value, but wondering if the mic input can just be a line out from my amp.

The Tascam DR-05X Specs say it can do up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF linear PCM recording and long recordings as MP3 files possible as well a WAV: 44.1k / 48k / 96k Hz
The Zoom H1N Specs (click on specs and details in top left) say it can do up to 96 kHz/24-bit/audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats as well as WAV: 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96k Hz/24-bit

copperblue

Has anyone tried either the Tascam DR-05X or the Zoom H1N audio recorder to connect from the line out of your amplifier (My turntable would be connected to my amp) to digitally record your music? Both are around $130 CAD, so it's not bad considering the hassle they would solve of buying an AD convert + connecting it to my computer and using Audacity to manually record it. Seems like a good value, but wondering if the mic input can just be a line out from my amp.

The Tascam DR-05X Specs say it can do up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF linear PCM recording and long recordings as MP3 files possible as well a WAV: 44.1k / 48k / 96k Hz
The Zoom H1N Specs (click on specs and details in top left) say it can do up to 96 kHz/24-bit/audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats as well as WAV: 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/16-bit, 48 kHz/24-bit, 96k Hz/24-bit
Hi. I use the Tascam; you will need a line attenuator for the mic input if recording from the tape out of your amp. 25dB works fine.
PXL_20221214_194519054.jpg

Edit: the Tascam remembers your settings between sessions and lasts ages on Alkaline batteries. HTH.

OP
R

RoyRoyRoy

Top Bottom