• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any Quadral listeners here?

Astojab

I own a pair of Aurum Orkan 9. In the Pricebraket up tp 4k I haven't heard anything yet that comes close EXCEPT the Quadral Platinum+ Nine, which are truly an experience because they have the most unique bass I have heard...but sadly they were way to big for my room.

On the other hand the Orkan do produce pretty good base and are amazing for rock (they even measure rather flat, although I didn't care much for that back when I bought them).

eduardw

Forum Donor
There is also an anniversary edition of the Titan VIII limit edition of 100 pairs(or coming soon).

Dimitri 1502

Hi all. I am quite a newbie to the hi-fi world (= don't have a lot of reference points). I am running Quadral Aurum Orkan VIII with Naim Uniti Nova and Tellurium Q Black II cables (and have already replaced the Nova standard power cable with an Audioquest NRG 2). The loudspeakers were an opportunity and I didn't have a chance to audition them before buying. I listen almost exclusively to EDM and in a 45 sqm large room. As for my first impression, as mentioned by multiple people, the soundstage created by Quadrals is really big. The bass is tight and punchy (I am still playing with the position of the speakers in the room). I am a bit less convinced about the treble - it feels well controlled and clear at lower volume, but becomes imprecise and uncomfortable at higher volume. I was wondering if the issue is with the speakers or with the input. Very keen to hear any thoughts.

dogmamann

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi all. I am quite a newbie to the hi-fi world (= don't have a lot of reference points). I am running Quadral Aurum Orkan VIII with Naim Uniti Nova and Tellurium Q Black II cables (and have already replaced the Nova standard power cable with an Audioquest NRG 2). The loudspeakers were an opportunity and I didn't have a chance to audition them before buying. I listen almost exclusively to EDM and in a 45 sqm large room. As for my first impression, as mentioned by multiple people, the soundstage created by Quadrals is really big. The bass is tight and punchy (I am still playing with the position of the speakers in the room). I am a bit less convinced about the treble - it feels well controlled and clear at lower volume, but becomes imprecise and uncomfortable at higher volume. I was wondering if the issue is with the speakers or with the input. Very keen to hear any thoughts.
The qua
From the looks as specs it’s same as the Vulkan 8R, that means, minus 8 inch woofers. its directivity isn’t on par with the new speakers. So off axis upper mids are getting boosted from reflections while the rest of the frequency sinks down.

Klonatans

Forum Donor
I have Quadral Aurum Montan 9. Pretty impressive speakers both in terms of size and sound quality. If someone considers them I would point that their lower frequencies that reach subwoofer territory can easily overwhelm smaller rooms and their placement close to corners shoud be avoided. Had Chromium Style 8 too and didn't like them at all despite all the raving reviews.

Top Bottom