• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any older phones able to output 192Khz?

telemike

Looking for an older phone that can output 192khz over USB to my DAC. I can get 96khz out of my old Honor View 10. I’m using it as USB C out to USB in on my DAC. Works good for Amazon and Apple Music streaming.

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

phofman

Most phones have USB2 highspeed which is enough for 192kHz. But driver for the DAC is needed. Google says android supports only USB audio class 1 out of the box officially, the driver is part of the android linux kernel and the android sound layer accesses the snd-xxx drivers using standard tinyalsa library. There are android apps which include a USB audio class 2 driver, IMO implemented in userspace using the libusb library. So the support really depends on the particular DAC.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Yes but not to the extent what you need to do. And you can't change android output dependences from standard apps either (including USB). So you need both costume player (with it's own USBA 2.0 driver and infrastructure) and you are limited to it's streaming capabilities.

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Looking for an older phone that can output 192khz over USB to my DAC. I can get 96khz out of my old Honor View 10. I’m using it as USB C out to USB in on my DAC. Works good for Amazon and Apple Music streaming.
why would u need anything higher than 48kHz? unless ur USB DAC is broken and can properly decode only 96kHz or 192kHz....

Top Bottom