• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

GeorgeWalk

My Red Rocket

Attachments

• IMG_0599(1).jpg
    IMG_0599(1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 140

DDF

Addicted to Fun and Learning

rgpit

Forum Donor
Sold my 2014 HD Road King Classic a couple of years ago. At 65 I just didn't as confident as I had in the past and figured I'd be better off selling it. I do miss it though.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
On my July 4 car trip to to/from Texas, I only saw about 5 bikes.

Surprised.

I was King of the Road for the most part, nobody passing me...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Just curious. I don't believe I've ever run into motorcycle fanatics on audio forums, haha!
So did this thread answer your question?
Actually I found over the years that a very high percentage of audio enthusiasts enjoy motorcycling.
On my July 4 car trip to to/from Texas, I only saw about 5 bikes.
Pretty hot and rainy weekend for biking, maybe you didn't notice in your air conditioned cage. ;)

Can't see any value in the electric motorcycles.
A bike without any IC sound would remove a large part of the enjoyment for me.
Also loud pipes save lives! It's hard enough to survive riding on the streets with the idiots in cages texting on their phones, eating a sandwich, yelling at the kids in the back seat, or any number of other things they do besides paying attention to the road. If your pipes don't get their attention you could be in big trouble.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Pretty hot and rainy weekend for biking, maybe you didn't notice in your air conditioned cage.

Maybe.

I know this:

Used to ride down to Ybor City on a Tuesday night a few times to observe the posers.

(imagine picture of bikes lining the streets - I might find and post one)

One Tuesday I went it might have been a little damp.

(imagine a picture of no bikes except mine lining the streets - which I might find and post)

---

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I haven't ever owned one, but I have ridden a 2013 Honda CBR500R a little bit a couple of years ago and I'm in the process of purchasing a secondhand Zero SR right now.

Please be careful...

Make sure you understand the physics of two wheels. Maybe there's a rider course.

And get lots of practice away from everyone else if you can - I learned on dirt, well, sand, here in Florida.

And don't show off!

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Enhusiast here, but not with many bikes or km's

1974 Solifer SM 50cc moped, sold 1980
1978 KTM 125 GS (-74) 2-stroke enduro racer the bike I loved most, sold 1982
---
2009 Yamaha SRX-600 (-87) tragical tuning project..., sold 2013
2017- Triumph Sprint 955RS (-07), mostly ridden by my younger son (youngest daughter rides mopeds too)

IMG_20200323_094553.jpg
sprint s.jpg

Last edited:

iLoveCats

2007 Aprilia Tuono. Getting old but still scares the hell out of me if I get on it. Had a Kawasaki EX500 to learn on, a Kawasaki ZX7 and an Aprilia Falco previous.

Attachments

• IMG_20200711_060352669.jpg
    IMG_20200711_060352669.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 93

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nothing like a bike for 'immediacy'. I tend to compare hi-fi components to high powered motorcycles. That is, dollar-wise. What will give you more for your dollar? Will a $15,000.00 preamp give you as much excitement as a Suzuki Hayabusa?

I used to ride, but got old and found that in spite of what my mind was telling me, my reflexes just weren't twenty years old anymore. So I gave it up. It's like the lyric to that Little Feat song, Old Folks' Boogie:

You know you're over the hill
When your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill...
:)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
2007 Aprilia Tuono. Getting old but still scares the hell out of me if I get on it. Had a Kawasaki EX500 to learn on, a Kawasaki ZX7 and an Aprilia Falco previous.
That Tuono's a beauty, I love the Italian V-Twins. My Ducati 900 Monster was a awesome ride, now they're 1200's :p Hope they come from the factory with steering dampeners now, mine loved to shake it's head at speed. I put a dampener on it but that handling issue was why I eventually sold it.
@ayane as Ray said, do be careful. Motorcycle riding requires complete attention at all times, you can't ride down the street daydreaming about last nights fight with your S.O. or whatever. A moments distraction can turn into what would be a minor fender bender in a cage, to a life changing incedent on a bike. Take an accredited course somewhere, lots of good life saving info available their. I ran one at the dealer I used to work for and trained thousands of safe riders.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
Going on my first motorcycle camping trip in 2 weeks. After all this covid crap, I can't wait to get away.

Ride a Honda vtx 1300s - great bike for the price(free). Very comfortable aftermarket Mustang seat, terrible ground clearance, and pretty slow for a 1300cc cruiser. Next purchase will likely be a BMW f800gs.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Going on my first motorcycle camping trip in 2 weeks. After all this covid crap, I can't wait to get away.
Be sure to keep a 6 ft social distance from any of the woodland creatures like bears, alligators and snakes. :p
Ride a Honda vtx 1300s - great bike for the price(free).
Any free motorcycle is the worlds best motorcycle! LOL
VTX isn't a bad ride, I had quite a few come and go on the used floor. They are a nice comfortable crusier but sadly under powered for a big heavy bike. Not nessacarily a bad thing but owners usually outgrow them pretty fast.
Next purchase will likely be a BMW f800gs.
Give that a lot of thought. Dual purpose bikes usually don't do anything really well. Also a hard sell on the used market IME.

Top Bottom