• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any love for RCF Ayra PRO line?

mga2009

Hi,

I just recently discovered RCF launched a new line of studio monitors named Ayra Pro (there was an Ayra line, but it's oldish).

It comes in 5", 6" and 8" woofer sizes, all thre complemented with a waveguide loaded 1" dome tweeter.

Spec and pricewise they are very similar to KALI, JBL, Adam, etc., but the RCF come with FIR filters... there is not much info but I would assume the XO and PEQ was made with FIR filters instead of IIR and so they claim a perfect time alignment of the two components.

RCF is a very well respected PRO AUDIO brand, and some would say it's the best of the 4 big italian ones (B&C, Faital, 18sound, RCF).

So... any opinion? Feedback? someone willing to pull the trigger and send them to Amir? I really do like their sober and industrial design.

https://www.rcf.it/read-more/ayra-pro

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 476
  • ayra5.JPG
    ayra5.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 449
  • ayra6.JPG
    ayra6.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 486
  • ayra8.JPG
    ayra8.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 560

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
These speakers are indeed interesting, but nobody seems to have given listening impressions or taken their own actual measurements of these yet (and posted them here in this forum).

3125b

Major Contributor
That is not a very good advertisement picture:
DJ.jpg

But I had indeed taken a look at their stuff online because I was considering the 10" sub they offer, but I haven't seen any of it to test anywhere locally.
The published FR graphs don't look too impressive, but the Pro-Series is on the cheap side at 150, 180, 230 and 390€ for the sub (wich is pretty huge and doesn't have a grille unfortunately).
They are definitely on my listening-list if I can find them somewhere locally.

Here is a size comparison to a few monitors already reviewed by Amir: https://www.matheretter.de/geoserva....3|0.1 "RCF Pro8"`1.8`)[90|0|0]&axesoff&cp=10
They are about average size for the woofer diameter.

Last edited:
OP
M

mga2009

Only addition information I found:
RCF AYRA PRO 8 — флагманская модель новой проффесиональной серии | ProSound (ixbt.com)

The pictures and information about the amp and DSP are interesting, their measurements are not so ASR like..
Great info there!

I thought that because of the use of FIR filters, the DSP should be more advanced... but no... instead it's the same ADAU1701 which can do FIR but with an extremely low number of taps... I hoped for an ADAU1452 matched with a better ADC and DAC (not those integrated with the ADAU1701).

In any case, It would be great to check the measurements made by Amir so we cancompare the Ayra with Kali, JBL, Adam KRK, etc.

Top Bottom