• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any interest in measurements of the La Rosita Gamma HD Streamer?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
A member in EU has offered the La Rosita Gamma HD Streamer for testing. It retails for almost 16,000 Euros. The challenge is the cost of shipping it back and forth. All up, it will probably cost $400. I must confess, I had never heard of the brand before. Have others and if so, is it worth testing it?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It sure looks like it means business from the pics I found available on the internet.
5677bf_522eb9ca9a924a94b772a1b2d9e9515d~mv2.gif

Larosita-gamma-HD-g1.jpg

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are those supposed to be Faraday cases for the USB and DAC to isolate noise? I feel like this is too much money for something that will disappoint because of how it is implemented.

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
400 usd would pay for the shipping of other far more interesting products imo.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
400 usd would pay for the shipping of other far more interesting products imo.
A stated value of 16K most certainly going to require Insurance and I’m guessing Amir’s shipping price does not include insurance. I just don’t see any plus side here. It’s a Streaming DAC. But if it has MQA Purple light ! :p

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A stated value of 16K most certainly going to require Insurance and I’m guessing Amir’s shipping price does not include insurance. I just don’t see any plus side here. It’s a Streaming DAC. But if it has MQA Purple light ! :p
OH Adam, ooh you put a hand down the viper pit!
:eek:

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
A stated value of 16K most certainly going to require Insurance and I’m guessing Amir’s shipping price does not include insurance.
It doesn't although I don't think you can get insurance for international shipping. Risk of damage and loss is a big consideration as well.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It doesn't although I don't think you can get insurance for international shipping. Risk of damage and loss is a big consideration as well.

The current environ with FedEx and UPS is very frightening with the amount of volume they're processing and lost items which increases the risk by a huge amount.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
The loss risk is far too high then. Think of all the Singing and Dancing we would need to do to drum up contributions enough to cover this loss. :oops:

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
As nice as it would be to have something so expensive measured, let's be realistic here, this is not relevant to 99% of the user base.

Not only because of the price, but even as EU citizen I have never heard of this brand. This is a waste of money and time.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Imo the manufacturer should pay for the shipping back and forth in exchange for a free independent test and exposure.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I think the costs and risks, outweigh the benefit.

But I do think the owner is very kind considering shipping this all the way to the US. If the manufacturer was prepared to send one and take any associated risks, that's a different story.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

There is no issue there as i have contemplated sending you some vintage floor standers speakers several times. :p

but i was eventually disencourged by the cost and logistics.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't think this unit has enough name recognition to be worth the effort. Maybe something from Chord or dCS might be more interesting, especially if it could be found in the USA.

Top Bottom