• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any interest in Lynx L22 PCI card testing?

G|force

Forum Donor
Hello,
I posted this in PA forum since the product was is not targeted for consumer computer audio.
Also I don't want to step on Lynx's toes nor their affiliates, they want to sell the newer e22 and e44 cards, no beef with that! But I am stepping on toes.
Let us assume one has a PC (or many lying around) running Win7 with vacant PCI slots, can these old AD/DA cards bring the juice?

I believe they can, I used them for years but now I'm using an M1 Mac Mini 16/256 and Lynx Hilo.
I have 2 examples of these cards with AES and analog cables that I can send to Amir for testing.
Any interest how this discontinued product would score?

Last edited:

retro

Yes please! I have a bunch (!) of the LynxTwoB, likely similar or even identical specs. Excellent soundcards.

Only problem is I don't think amir has a pc with Pci slots..?!? There are pci-e to pci adapters around from various sources, both cheap and expensive ones. I have not tried those (yet), so don't know how well they work..?!?

But if U could send amir a complete working pc with a Lynx installed and ready, please do. I'm very curious..:)

OP
G|force

G|force

Forum Donor
Sorry so late to reply.
Heck yeah rejoice for TwoA TwoB TwoC orphans, and L22.

I wish there was a PCI card host box on USB that would talk to my Ventura Mac.
I would run that and see for myself. :)

I have a 5U tall rack with MSI Sandybridge gamer MB. 2013..
8GB ram, silent power supply running W7, it is huge by todays standard. 95W tdp 2550K processor for 2 ch. audio. It was my horse for many years.

Cheers!

Top Bottom