• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

any AudioEngine B1 (bluetooth) users?

flz

Hi, I'm using the AudioEngine B1 to stream Apple Music to my home hifi system. I'm satisfied. It's very hard for me to detect an audible difference comparing the B1 (using tracks from Apple Music streaming) vs my CD player. I was somewhat surprised by the very poor review of the newer AudioEngine B-Fi on this website.

Anyone who has direct experience using the B1 compared to lossless in their audio systems? I'm considering getting a DAC to connect a iPad or Android phone by USB cable to listen to lossless. Wondering if the money spent will be worth it. Thanks for any input.

Crackerbuzz

Hey FLZ, yes I agree. I am running the B1 through $30k worth of stereo gear and the AKM dac via aptx hd is simply astonishing via hires Qobuz. My system is seriously impressive using the B1.

I stream hires directly to the B1 via my iPhone 14.

Its like a little secret!

JayGilb

Major Contributor
Hi, I'm using the AudioEngine B1 to stream Apple Music to my home hifi system. I'm satisfied. It's very hard for me to detect an audible difference comparing the B1 (using tracks from Apple Music streaming) vs my CD player. I was somewhat surprised by the very poor review of the newer AudioEngine B-Fi on this website.

Anyone who has direct experience using the B1 compared to lossless in their audio systems? I'm considering getting a DAC to connect a iPad or Android phone by USB cable to listen to lossless. Wondering if the money spent will be worth it. Thanks for any input.
I have used a B1 to stream via bluetooth for several years and it audibly transparent to me.

Top Bottom