• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anthem Vs. Emotiva Pre-Pro

Atomic4877

I know the Anthem isn’t out yet, but am considering purchasing either the AVM-70, or the RMC-1. The bugs seem to be mostly eliminated on the RMC-1 one now and it is much more stable from what I have read. My listening habits are 99% HT based/movie based. My amps are Emotiva XPA Gen 3’s. The 5 and 7 channel versions. They both are getting DTS-X Pro and the Anthem has imax enhanced but no word on the Emotiva. The Emotiva has separate DAC’s for each channel and not sure about the Anthem. What are everything’s thoughts, views and opinions on the two processors?

Also how would ARC Genesis and Dirac Live compare? There seems to be no good comparisons between the two room correction platforms that I have found.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
My experience with an Emotiva processor (XMC-1) was very up and down. The most recent announcement of the end of life for the "lifetime" 40% off card does not set well with me (understandable but a broken promise, one of many). After watching the two-year or so saga to get the RMC-1 stable and reading through the threads on the Emotiva site I would pick the Anthem.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Dirac live works very well. Not used ARC, but Dirac is very good.

That said I too have soured on Emotiva

Top Bottom