• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anthem RMX-740 - ARC Genesis - Assistance Required with results

Andykuma

Hi All,

I recently bought my Anthem RMX-740 & ran my ARC Genesis calibration following the instructioins from the following youtube video:
The only instruction i didn't follow is the "Adjust Targets -> Front + Center Speaker -> Maximum Correction Frequency (HZ) from 5hz to 20hz & i added Room Gain + 1db for the bass.

Let me know what I should adjust,

Any suggestion is welcome since i'm very new with this type of calibration :)

Thanks,

Note: Attached is all the information captured from my Arc Genesis calibration in PDF. (I can also send the .arc3 file as well)

Attachments

• ARC - Home Calibration Results.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 132

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just curious, why wasn't the manual sufficient and this youtuber had an advantage?

OP
A

Andykuma

Just curious, why wasn't the manual sufficient and this youtuber had an
In the newer models they removed the physical manual and it’s only digital now, it was extremely hard to figure out how to configure everything and just get the arc genesis working if I’m honest hehe.

The youtube video just helped me to follow each step with a more noobie approach haha

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In the newer models they removed the physical manual and it’s only digital now, it was extremely hard to figure out how to configure everything and just get the arc genesis working if I’m honest hehe.

The youtube video just helped me to follow each step with a more noobie approach haha
IMO digital/pdf manuals are far superior to manual ones. Much easier searched for particular terms and needs in general. With a youtuber video you're more relying on his expertise (and usually more a lack thereof).

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

The problem with You tuber videos is that for inexperienced hobbyists, it may be hard for them to determine which one to watch and believe. The one you linked is one of the better one, if not the best I have seen, but it is updated so some of what he said may no longer apply.

My suggestion is, read the following Anthem's official instructions carefully and follow the instructions exactly:

It isn't easy to find that article and I have no idea why Anthem seemed to have buried it so deep on their website. It may be that they think it is too advanced for their average customers but I hope there is a better reason.

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi All,

I recently bought my Anthem RMX-740 & ran my ARC Genesis calibration following the instructioins from the following youtube video:
The only instruction i didn't follow is the "Adjust Targets -> Front + Center Speaker -> Maximum Correction Frequency (HZ) from 5hz to 20hz & i added Room Gain + 1db for the bass.

Let me know what I should adjust,

Any suggestion is welcome since i'm very new with this type of calibration :)

Thanks,

Note: Attached is all the information captured from my Arc Genesis calibration in PDF. (I can also send the .arc3 file as well)
You can't really tell from those pdf files because all the curves reflect what Anthem ARCG expects to find, not the actual measured results. If you want to see the actual results you have to do it yourself. Most people use REW and the Umik mic to do their own measurements, and then tweak ARC G accordingly.

If you curious like some of us, then that is what I would suggest you do, that is to take some measurements using REW that is a free ware. Otherwise just play it by ear (literally), and like that Youtuber said, if you feel you need more bass, increase room gain, and/or deep bass. Do it in small step because in my experience, ARC G is not very good in their algorithms in the sense that even if you only change those settings slightly, at one point it may make dramatic change in frequencies that should not be changes, hard to explain but you will know if you tweak, and then use REW to verify the results. So for beginners it is best to go by ear and then if you dare make adjustments to room gain and deep bass, do it carefully.

Top Bottom