• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anthem on sale until end of month

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just an FYI; 20% off all anthem stuff. I talked with my dealer and he said it was their annual sale, no new versions that he knew of. So if you're looking for a new AVM 60 or STR product now is the time :)

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

MarcT

Forum Donor
Anybody have any intel on when Anthem might run another 20% off sale like this? I'm seriously thinking to pick up a STR pre-amp.

OP
E

ex audiophile

Forum Donor
Anybody have any intel on when Anthem might run another 20% off sale like this? I'm seriously thinking to pick up a STR pre-amp.
I have to tell you, the STR preamp is remarkable for all it does. You've likely read the Audioholics reports; I have two of them and wouldn't consider anything else. Anyway, Anthem has their sale in the spring, start checking in March. I'm hoping they will have their new AVMs and receivers on sale as well. Happy listening.

MarcT

Forum Donor
I have to tell you, the STR preamp is remarkable for all it does. You've likely read the Audioholics reports; I have two of them and wouldn't consider anything else. Anyway, Anthem has their sale in the spring, start checking in March. I'm hoping they will have their new AVMs and receivers on sale as well. Happy listening.
Thanks! I guess I was hoping they might do a sale around Christmas.:cool: Do you know if the STR pre-amp digitizes all the analog inputs, as some of the newer gear does. I'd like to run my turntable through it with no digital processing going on.

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks! I guess I was hoping they might do a sale around Christmas.:cool: Do you know if the STR pre-amp digitizes all the analog inputs, as some of the newer gear does. I'd like to run my turntable through it with no digital processing going on.
You would be far better off letting it digitize your phono signal so that you can use ARC. ADC/DAC noise are far below the LP noise floor.

I suggest that you watch this:

OP
E

ex audiophile

Forum Donor
There is a direct analog pass through feature that is very accurate (see Audioholics test data) but I agree with Wayne that the end result is much better when you take advantage of the room correction and bass management that digitization affords.

Top Bottom