• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anthem MRX 520 HDMI issues

Icboschert

Forum Donor
My receiver started doing some crazy things lately. Whenever I have an HDMI device in any of the ports, the audio signal drops, comes back and then sometimes switches to Headphones. There seems to be a gremlin messing with the circuits??? I will be contacting Anthem on Monday...

Video link:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GrwtedrTuDZxdtmD7

salicious69

I’m having similar issues and my MRX520 also randomly freezes (forcing me to unplug it to reset it). Did you get any solutions?

OP
Icboschert

Icboschert

Forum Donor
I sent it in to get serviced under warranty. Apparently it was a bad solder joint...not sure where? Then not much later I had a right surround channel go bad. Sent it in again but instead of fixing it, they replaced the preamp board without validating the channel was fixed. So after it was returned I had to send it in AGAIN but at least I didn't have to pay for shipping. This time they replaced pretty much every component but the power supply and now it all works great.

Top Bottom