• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anthem MCA 325 center channel crackle on shutdown

tjcinnamon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have an Anthem MCA 325 Gen 2 under a year old. The center channel started crackling through the speaker on shutdown. Almost like power disappearing. Additionally around 200 or so Hz it creates a bizzare sound out of the speaker. I confirmed it’s the center channel by plugging my left speaker in the center channel and getting the same behavior on shutdown. Additionally my center speaker does not do the bizzare sound when running out of my AVR.
Thoughts on what it could be?

AudiOhm

Just a thought, would it not be in your best interest to contact Anthem about this issue.

Is this on all sources?

I have the MCA 225 Gen 2, had some concerns, Anthem answered them right away...

Ohms

OP
T

tjcinnamon

Just a thought, would it not be in your best interest to contact Anthem about this issue.

Is this on all sources?

I have the MCA 225 Gen 2, had some concerns, Anthem answered them right away...

Ohms
I did. Waiting on a response from support. What are the concerns you had?

AudiOhm

Thought I had odd sounds in the left speaker, turned out to be my Anthem processor settings, not the amp...

This is why I asked about the sources...

Ohms

Jpert

I see you‘ve tried connecting a different speaker to the center channel. Have you tried running the 325’s center channel through a different pre-out on the AVR?

OP
T

tjcinnamon

I see you‘ve tried connecting a different speaker to the center channel. Have you tried running the 325’s center channel through a different pre-out on the AVR?
I’ll post some REW measurements that I took last night. I measured each pre-put and then measured off my AVR and then measured off each amp channel.

Other good news is I haven’t been able to replicate the bizzare/honking noise. It still crackles on shutdown but that may be normal. I noticed it on a different channel if I only ran that channel.

I’ll post REW to see the analysis outside of SPL tell and different story.

AudiOhm

I use the Auto on/off function, how are you controlling the amp?

Auto-On:
This feature also eliminates the need to manually operate the power button. Auto-On turns the amplifier on when it
senses an input signal, and switches off approximately 20 minutes after input signal stops.

Ohms

Top Bottom