• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anthem AVM 70 and AVM 90 Processors

jlm70

Not so great measures, I’d say.
I cannot currently compare the measures with anything else: might you point me to where to benchmark them? Or where these measures are weaker than expected? The review talks about an excellent result, except for the “premium analog stage”.
I’ve ordered the AVM70 (and received the MCA525 gen2, with good old Dynaudio speakers), but… given the strong delay I‘m still a bit concerned if to wait a bit more for the 90… (but it’s “just“ twice the cost…)

andrewinnj

Forum Donor
I have not yet tested it but I am thinking I need to do that and publish it. I would have done it much earlier if Anthem had not gone silent on me....
+1 on anticipation for the AVM70 review

Young King

I have not yet tested it but I am thinking I need to do that and publish it. I would have done it much earlier if Anthem had not gone silent on me....
Hi Amir, new member here. I am very curious about the review for the Anthem AVM 70 as I plan on purchasing a unit. Also, I noticed the AVM 70 has a Toslink out. Does this mean we could connect an external dac and back into the unit or how would this work? Directly from Toslink out of AVM 70 to Dac to Amp? I am a newbie but I am hoping one of these theories will work in case the DACs arent great for 2 Ch listening.

capitanharlock

The manual (yes that fuc*ing manual ;)) says: “The optical output provides a down-mix of Zone 1 content. Anything that is playing in Zone 1 will be downmixed (2.0) and sent out of the optical output at a fixed volume.”.

Top Bottom