• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Antelope Orion Studio SC

Ibanez

Hello, i have an question about using studio interfaces as mch dacs for digital active crossovers from pc.
I myself just bought an Antelope Orion Studio SC for this purpose when my Okto failed.
What panning law do i use from the global Panning Law option? (in the gear to the right upper corner)
0db, -6, -3, or -4 db?
Not the panning in mixer consoles
I have routed ch 2-8.(1-2 seems to be summed from all other channels when routing them direct to the line-outs, they need to be setup in one mixer to not play in the other outputs. I have routed Computer Audio (or pc media audio into the interface) direct to Line-outs, no mixer consoles involved, and when I tested those with the mixers I tested linked left channels panned max left and same on right channels ofcourse. And also tested with zero panning, didn't like zero panning.
I maybe doing something wrong, I am trying to get some qsound right, but can't seem to fix it. It worked good when the Okto Dac8 Pro was connected, but after dac change not in the near of getting it working as I want it to be. Same speaker position and same listening position. So can't figure out what really happen.
Should the difference be that big between like Okto D8P and the Antelope when it's used as dac only?

II ask just to know if I configure the interface wrong or if the difference is that big between DAC:s

OP
I

Ibanez

Now got it sound almost as I want, the dog barks just besides me (3 o'clock).
I used the laser measure and re-positioned the speakers by moving them farther away and pointed the laser to the middle of chair, and got very near the equilateral triangle, like some mm wrong.

Now I am happy again.
Sounding really good, both with the speakers and the headphones.

I believe I must say that this interface/Dac sounds more natural and better to my ears. But that's my opinion.

Now I played with 0 db Panning Law on global settings panel.

And all routing direct from Computer Play to Line-outs.

OP
I

Ibanez

Now got it sound almost as I want, the dog barks just besides me (3 or 4 o'clock).
I used the laser measure and re-positioned the speakers by moving them farther away and pointed the laser to the middle of chair, and got very near the equilateral triangle, like some mm wrong.

Now I am happy again.
Sounding really good, both with the speakers and the headphones.

I believe I must say that this interface/Dac sounds more natural and better to my ears. But that's my opinion.

Now I played with 0 db Panning Law on global settings panel.

And all routing direct from Computer Play to Line-outs.

OP
I

Ibanez

Antelope support sent me an Beta driver. 5.48.0i
Now it switches samplerate both up/down, and play songs from the very beginning.
Before it did not switch down from like 192 to 44.1, just played silence, and that was an old bug. And songs started like 2-5 seconds into the song. I reported it one time and they had an beta in the works and i got it.
Now i am even more satisfied.

Top Bottom