• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Another "restoration" atrocity

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
https://www.npr.org/2020/11/11/9338...ncia-another-botched-art-restoration-in-spain

Restoration-of-Spanish-statue-dubbed-The-Potato-Head-of-Palencia.jpg

potato-head-of-palencia.jpg

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
These things all look faked. The "day-glow" statue is clearly not the same one.

OP
Hugo9000

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
These things all look faked. The "day-glow" statue is clearly not the same one.
The photo in that other link looks distorted, particularly the length of Mary's head. I found this pic at The Guardian, which looks like it's probably legit (legitimately awful haha):

I'm guessing that the "before" pic was taken at the scene of the crime, the perpetrator's kitchen, where the 'victims' were kept hostage and tortured before being released again into the world for further humiliation and degradation?
dayglo jesus.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com./world/...n-garish-robes-in-botched-spanish-restoration

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
They should hire me. I know nothing about art and can't draw a stick figure, but I think I could do a better job. :facepalm:

Dmitri

Forum Donor
It looks a bit like Trump.

View attachment 93157
That is truly horrific. Items like this are not lowest bidder appropriate. Sadly, there are likely few true artisans available out there to do the massive amount of restoration that needs be done.
Regarding the “looks like”... maybe on a good day, which he clearly hasn’t been having lately.

Top Bottom