• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Another guy on Youtube going to visit Danny down in texas....

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They are both showmen. Know what Danny is selling, not as clear with Jay just yet…

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don’t get the Jay Danny thing at all. I guess he buried the hatchet when he reviewed the GR Encores, which measured good, and jay seemed to like them. Neither of them do anything for me. At least I could hit a bong with Gutenberg and laugh about a Mc275 tube amp and the old days.

Andysu

Major Contributor
i would rather take dave rat more serious with speaker cable testing and distance , he's done few tests that was rather interesting and no audiosnobberyphile cable was used lol and dave rat has lots of test gear to back up the testing

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Darthvader (Danny): Luke (YT Kid) I am your father ….

Oh boy, is he lost forever? Will he see the light and return to the good side? Was he always evil?

… how many sequels will it take to find out? Stay tuned.

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
why did he not listen to his original speaker cable
he didn’t even test beforehand the GR vs Ali express cables to see if there was a difference in resistance between them
Why would that makes any difference? Cables don't matter and won't affect sound anyway.

Katji

Major Contributor
I thought so, the same one referred here:
[ A “Jay Iyagi” video uses an expletive to describe the preamps on Chinese DACs ]
...where i found [ "Selling ALL My Chinese HiFi DACs" ] ...which is a bit weird, in a way.

Unpleasant characters, like the actor in that movie that was referred to, who also played the corrupt murderous VP in a long tv series.

Quite pathetic, he and the rest of them will never make as much money from it as some of the fashion influencers do, who are much nicer to watch.
and not even a tiny fraction of the money that those Wall St. guys, and cartel bosses make.

Andysu

Major Contributor
i think jay needs new hobby like buy a CB radio and know his signal travels at speed of light for 1 sec around the earth 7 times in 1 second , wow and yet hear the sound at the speed of sound . then again jay is flat earther so he won't believe the signal travels up some 50 to 400 miles to the ionosphere then whoosh speed of light around it goes , also depending on power used and the "sporadic energy readings", conditions are good .

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
when do i do the test ? i have to get some cheap amazon grade thicker cable . i most certainly will not buy any of that audiobsphile cable , no way , absolutely not .
I could suggest better things to do with the money. :>

Andysu

Major Contributor
I could suggest better things to do with the money. :>
yeah , a bag of cat litter :p . a few lemons and coke chilled in the fridge with slice lemon in the drink . refreshing in this warm weather . oh , did jay get the memo that sound travels faster in warm air conditions and decelerates at wintertime .

ta240

Major Contributor
They are both showmen. Know what Danny is selling, not as clear with Jay just yet…

Jay is just looking to have more people send him things. He is selling himself saying nice things about your products.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is like the Canterbury tales, only instead of everyone makimg a pilgrimage to the tomb of Thomas of Beckett, they're making a pilgrimage to Dannie Ritchie. Original story was better with way more interesting characters.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure it helps to call them liars. Do you reject the idea that they actually believe what they say?

Astounding numbers of people in the world believe astounding things. Being mistaken - that is being human - is the more charitable, parsimonious inference, IMO.
A number of these that purport to be subjectivists are not so innocent. They are flat out cynics that repeat notions, they know are false. These people fit the definition of “liars”. They, most often profit, from perpetrating the lies. There is profit to be made. Substantial in some cases.
Else I agree with you.

Peace.

Katji

Major Contributor
Jay is just looking to have more people send him things. He is selling himself saying nice things about your products.
I think he is not doing well with that. With his attention-seeking intros holding up posters referring "Chinese hifi" and "Crazy Rich Asians". (He had to rationalise that by saying it referred to a movie and it was just a joke.) You see all the foolish comments cheering him on but there is also negative reaction referring to racism and i think there are many more people who don't like it but just move on without commenting on it.
(I hope he doesn't read this and realise, i hope people submit complaints. Although youtube seems quite unmanaged with such stuff.)

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

I thought this "Kid" had potential, but after seeing this video, seems he is just falling in line with Danny and his ilk. He talks about MUCH MUCH BETTER sounding with Danny's speaker cables......:facepalm::facepalm:

Thirteen or so minutes in for those that get bored easily!
If like his other content, just ignore it. He's a 'phool.

Katji

Major Contributor
This is like the Canterbury tales, only instead of everyone makimg a pilgrimage to the tomb of Thomas of Beckett, they're making a pilgrimage to Dannie Ritchie.

What could go wrong?

1657858888536.png

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Please don't associate nutty Danny with better writers....let alone any other audiophoolery writers' creative writing efforts. Just bs mostly.

DanielT

Major Contributor
I did not know this guy. I saw one of his other videos now. 14:50 into this video. In any case, he seems to have some self-insight. What he says is that in a blind test he hears no difference but he would choose the more expensive one anyway (if he had the money) because in a non-blind test he hears a difference.:oops: Probably an imaginary difference, he adds. He gets happier from that, likes the imaginary sound difference better.

Sounds a bit tuff to consciously know that the perceived sound-enhancing difference is only imaginary, but hey, as I said, he still seems to have some self-insight.Unnecessarily laborious, backwards and stupid way to improve the sound if someone asks me but hey everyone creates their HiFi happiness in their own way.:)

Top Bottom