• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Another Aiyima A07 thread... Anyone were brave enough to pair it with a hypex power supply ?

Dmaumau

Just for fun I ordered an Aiyima a07 and boy I got surprised how this little matchbox sound.

I have an adjustable linear power suppy that puts out up to 32Vdc and 3A that I have upgraded with nichicon kz caps and a pair of 17.000 uF Nippon Chemicon audio grade caps with a huge transformer that outputs a very clean dc and the first auditions I made with it.

DAMN....

This PS has a display and the interesting part is that listening around 80/85 dB the amp was only consuming 3 to 5 watts.

Since the first ice power class D amps, wich I did not like a bit, I have not been keeping current with this class of amps and I must say, Texas Instruments made a home run with this tiny 3255. It just sound amazing.

I ordered my A07 with the upgraded op amp LM4562 and without the standard power supply, but also ordered a switching 48v 10A to play a little.

With the 48/10 the macrodynamics are of the charts and then I started thinking if anyone here were brave enought to have paired the A07 with a Hypex PS.

The smps1200a180 outputs 2x46Vdc with 1500W, so it would probably be amazing with the A07.

Anyone ?

conradj

i also got in a new A07 with the LM4562 upgrade. It should be noted that these new amps have a larger heatsink than before-- it's wider, extends nearly the width of the PCB. Also the 2 big 1200uF capacitors are now 63V.

Still breaking it in. Only been on for a couple of hours so no conclusions yet abt how it sounds.

Have a 48V 8.3A switching power supply coming.

Last edited:

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
in the main a07 thread i think theres a youtuber who put a $75 psu on it and it did 120w @ 8 ohm pretty convincingly...

Top Bottom