• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anecoica: a Spanish crowdfunded horror film about… anechoic chambers?

ripmixburn

Forum Donor
Acoustically related, I learned about a Spanish short film in development (crowdfunded) about, of all things, an anechoic chamber. À la the 1980 film Altered States (RIP William Hurt) and the sensory deprivation tanks, I suppose the journey inside the mind is the most terrifying. True for me, why I love music! :0

You can learn more about the project and, if you're into that kind of thing, support it here. https://www.verkami.com/projects/32295-anecoica-cortometraje-sobre-el-silencio-absoluto

(Google translated) A poor woman shows up for an illegal experiment and discovers that she will be locked in an anechoic room, the quietest place in the world. Ana, a poor woman, volunteers for an illegal experiment to earn money. She discovers that she will be locked in the anechoic room, the quietest and ost dangerous place in the world. However, she must last as long as possible inside her if she wants to get the reward. Her most hidden fears will soon come to light.

threni

Major Contributor
Acoustically related, I learned about a Spanish short film in development (crowdfunded) about, of all things, an anechoic chamber. À la the 1980 film Altered States (RIP William Hurt) and the sensory deprivation tanks, I suppose the journey inside the mind is the most terrifying. True for me, why I love music! :0

You can learn more about the project and, if you're into that kind of thing, support it here. https://www.verkami.com/projects/32295-anecoica-cortometraje-sobre-el-silencio-absoluto

(Google translated) A poor woman shows up for an illegal experiment and discovers that she will be locked in an anechoic room, the quietest place in the world. Ana, a poor woman, volunteers for an illegal experiment to earn money. She discovers that she will be locked in the anechoic room, the quietest and ost dangerous place in the world. However, she must last as long as possible inside her if she wants to get the reward. Her most hidden fears will soon come to light.
I'll pony up if they're going to do a sequel about someone having to work in an open plan office.

Katji

Major Contributor
I'll pony up if they're going to do a sequel about someone having to work in an open plan office.
:facepalm:
No problem, just that one person. ...who shrieked and performed most on Friday afternoons. I could've wept.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
how about an Anecoica/Cube x-over?
a bunch of audiophiles, rotating chambers, with the one true geek finding out that engraved Fourier transforms identify the non-snakeoily ones?

OP
ripmixburn

ripmixburn

Forum Donor
how about an Anecoica/Cube x-over?
a bunch of audiophiles, rotating chambers, with the one true geek finding out that engraved Fourier transforms identify the non-snakeoily ones?
Love The Cube. The best $365,000 budget ever spent on Canadian film.

Eggs Ackley

If I want to see a sensory deprivation horror flick I'll just watch Altered States instead. RIP William Hurt.

Top Bottom