• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

behappybevegan

Audiophile Junkie posted another video about the Pointsource 10.
Interviewing one of the first owners.

Won't post a direct link.
Warning: at some point they discuss something that apparently some people find offensive.

Zvu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I still believe we can talk about anything that is on forum topic. Lots of stuff in this thread written by people who haven't even seen this speaker can be considered inappropriate.

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
What could be so offensive in a speaker review?

Reactions: Zvu

cavedriver

What could be so offensive in a speaker review?
I assume bhbv is alluding to Amir's policies against cross-posting content from individuals that are trying to make money from their content. Audiophile Junkie seems to have money-generating links on his website, but also may not be claiming to do critical equipment reviews which is the other part of Amir's policy. From what I understand he specifically won't allow anyone to claim to be doing unbiased or instrumented reviews who is trying to make money from said reviews. I don't see the video shared above as going against that policy although other content from Audiophile Junkie could of course.

DMill

Regardless the posted video is a painfully long and boring amount of time spent telling me virtually nothing about the speaker. ill reserve my final thoughts on this one until I see a spin, but will say the manufacturers specs look promising. Don’t like the way they look much, but I’ve certainly seen far worse.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Regardless the posted video is a painfully long and boring

You-tube has a lot to answer for doesn't it? For every partially useful video out there, there's about a thousand of these self indulgent wastes of time.

Adaboy4z

I skipped to the part where he started talking about the speaker and couldn't finish.

Adaboy4z

Can't wait for the GR Research X/Over and tube connector upgrade video... :facepalm:
That head scratchin, twitchin eye darting dude makes me laugh when I watch his make over videos.

airgas1998

Regardless the posted video is a painfully long and boring amount of time spent telling me virtually nothing about the speaker. ill reserve my final thoughts on this one until I see a spin, but will say the manufacturers specs look promising. Don’t like the way they look much, but I’ve certainly seen far worse.
i see this as a simple plug for AJ from Steve...grain of salt for sure on this video...

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

I actually had the chance to finally listen to the Mo-Fi Source Point 10s today!
Played a variety of music, including some of my usual test tracks.

Very interesting!

I could describe what I heard if someone is interested. Unless everyone is only waiting for the "spins" on these speakers...:)

TimW

Major Contributor
I actually had the chance to finally listen to the Mo-Fi Source Point 10s today! Played a variety of music, including some of my usual test tracks.

Very interesting!

I could describe what I heard if someone is interested. Unless everyone is only waiting for the "spins" on these speakers...:)
Spill the beans.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm interested!
Spill the beans.

Ah, ok, will do. Wasn't sure if I'd be wasting pixels. They were an interesting counterpoint to several other speakers I recently listened to, including the B&W 803 D4, the new Paradigm Founder 120H speakers, and some Audio Note speakers.

I don't have the time left tonight so I'll get back to this tomorrow.

Tom C

Major Contributor
If I could request, please, that you include the context? I can only imagine hearing that combination of speakers at an audio show.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Ah, ok, will do. Wasn't sure if I'd be wasting pixels. They were an interesting counterpoint to several other speakers I recently listened to, including the B&W 803 D4, the new Paradigm Founder 120H speakers, and some Audio Note speakers.

I don't have the time left tonight so I'll get back to this tomorrow.

'bated breath.

Tangband

Major Contributor
Interesting speaker with that coaxial driver. The Kef ls50 Meta is only half the price though, and for that money you can also get two decent active subwoofers.

Andrew Jones use to make really good sounding speakers, so the sound might be wonderful.:)

DMill

I’m also curious about listening impressions from them. Spins are great, but not everything.

Top Bottom