• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

...and now: which Head Amp/Dac for lying in bed listening music or working in mobile office with a notebook?

uzapuca

Hi guys,
I have really learn a lot in the this forum. Thanks all for your great comments i decided to go with the JDS Labs combo set up for fixed desktop.

On the other hand, which small, lightweight and budget Head Amp/Dac would you suggest for listening music, watching movies or working on changing offices? Some people suggested Sabaj 2 or the Xtreme Pro, but could not find much info and don't see a overall "it is great!" agreement like the JDS Labs does. Surely there are more models. Dragonfly seems way to expensive for my budget.

I guess it does not have to have a battery since it will be feed by my plugged notebook all the time. I have the Shure E215 and Xiaomi IEM heaphones.

Thanks again and best regards!

GioF71

Forum Donor
@Office I am using a Aune X1s, occasionally accompanied by a O2 headphone amp (more power, less output impedance)

urfaust

There s the Mojo also, not cheap, but can go on batteries and super transportable to me due to its shape in particular and size (it's like a pack of cigarette). Some might not like its "user interface", but i find it practical especially at night to have those big balls of colors, you can toy on it without really looking :D
I love it for that and transport it everywhere, even outdoor at home now it's summer.

Other route, you could simply stick a khadas toneboard to your jds, but more hassle to transport, and managing interconnect cables.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
The Apple headphone dongle. Can't beat it for size, weight, convenience, and (within its output limitations) performance.

Top Bottom