• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

And now a $2500 Battery

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm in the wrong racket... Perhaps I can make some snake oil stuFF too >@^_*@<

OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Omar Cumming

"the Nordost QSource linear power supply is guaranteed to drastically improve your system's articulation, dynamics, dimensionality, soundstaging, and imaging. "

My word these people are shameless.

Sheesh

OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Forum Donor
Nagra Audio lends a whole new meaning to the word innovation. Maybe Snake Oilier?

direstraitsfan98

Forum Donor
Reminder that Steve Hoffman recieved hundreds of thousands of dollars of free Nagra equipment last year and had the gall to ask for donations to pay for his website hosting just a week later. I believe he's received millions of dollars of high end equipment from various esoteric manufactures on indefinite loan in the past decade or two.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
This is something that actually works in objective sense. However whether this improves soundstage or not, no comment.

lszomb

Forum Donor
I am not surprised. As one who can read mandarin, you can find those are selling CRAZY in china, you cannot imagine how "rich" they are and how many posts to promo those products:
1) Fuses: price from 100USD to 400USD, they claim those introduce day and night change and only expensive one works. Fun Fact: The one filled with beeswax (WTF) plus some powders sell the best at 400USD and those are so call "Made In USA".
2) Power cords: price from 500USD to 2000USD, we all knew
3) Signal cables: price from 100USD to 2000USD, USB/RCA/BNC/BAL whatever
4) Speaker cables: price from 100USD to 30000USD, wow expensive, Nordic sneak oil.
5) Tuning blocks crystal blocks: price from 10USD to 1000USD++, Japanese won this one
6) The weirdest one, Ground/Earth Boxes: There is a box.....filled with all superb natural crystals, metal ore and blah, blah. Selling for 200USD and people get those as hot chips....Btw: the Boxes connect to no where. You just need to connect the box to your equipment's ground or negative, it will just work.....

TLEDDY

Forum Donor
“ Speaker cables: price from 100USD to 30000USD”

Is that really $30,000? Or did I mis-count the zeros?

lszomb

Forum Donor
You did not mis-count anything. 30000USD is very cheap, If you use that one you are not on hi-end.
Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 12.14.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 12.14.23 PM.png

“ Speaker cables: price from 100USD to 30000USD”

Is that really $30,000? Or did I mis-count the zeros?

lszomb

Forum Donor
I do not want to go further, I just feel I am so poor to speak the same language there. LoL

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
There's one borne every minute...

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert

lszomb

Forum Donor
I do not think there should have any "respected" company in HiFi domain. They are all tiny companies and out of the sight of public. Looking at nagra's stock, not impressive. If selling those 1.5K metal plate can give them more quick money, why not?

Omar Cumming

As long as there are fools with more money than brains, there will be people ready to take their money

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
$2,500? LOL! What an expensive joke for a lithium-ion "powerbank" of unknown/unpublished storage capacity.

I'm about to order the below "TalentCell" brand 5-12-24v, 42,980mAh (159Wh) power-bank, which costs $124 at Amazon. It's even got the proper safety certification markings. (Higher capacity power-banks are available, but most are bigger and heavier, and they include an inverter for 120vac output.)
TalentCell 5-12-24v Powerbank.jpg

TalentCell Powerbank - 2.jpg

The TalentCell will replace a 12v SLA (sealed lead-acid) battery that I am now using to power an older ChiFi mini-amp for playing music. I use a Cayin DAP as a source, and the amp powers a pair of tiny old Yamaha NS-A325 monitor speakers at the local Tuesday morning food and artisan market here in our little tourist town in Western Panama. I originally used a Trends Micro 12vdc T-amp, but it dropped to the floor a few times and finally broke off the volume control shaft. I now use my backup - a Lepai 2020A+ (also 12vdc), but will soond switch to a more powerful 24-32v modern mini-amp soon which gives my tiny speakers a bit more body/bass without too much distortion when playing my mix of Latin dance, Caribbean party, and "World Music" outdoors under the terrace roof.

MRC01

Major Contributor
I think the Nordost QRT is even more impressive audio BS: https://www.musicdirect.com/accessories/Nordost-QRT-QPoint-Resonance-Synchronizer
I quote because I'm not creative enough to come up with this on my own: By emitting a subtle field to manipulate all electromechanical resonances within its immediate proximity so that they will resonate in unison, QPoint eliminates the concurrent internal electrical noise that muddies and smears your sound. You'll experience terrifically enhanced coherency, articulation, timing, and structure that you did not likely think possible to achieve without buying new components.

Imagine how much better it would sound if you combined this with the Nagra plate!

Top Bottom