• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

And now a $2500 Battery

Siwel

Forum Donor
Check out the link on the Nagra 7 I posted. I don't think it's expensive for what's being offered. I like the site because interesting equipment is on offer.

The recorders were expensive. I think the studio paid over $4,000 for the 2S (stereo. Nagra). An Ampex would have cost a little more if I recall. That was much more machinery and superb but you couldn't use it on location. Revox was not preferred where I worked because they operated at -10dB so if Studer, then A80. An MTR 10 would offer no relief either. OK on a set or studio but in the field you'd need a truck. . So the Nagra looked pretty good if you were filming or recording in, say, Africa! I think we thought it was worth what we had to pay.

I should add, I never used it except a few times in playback. I am not a location engineer. In fact, I'm not an engineer.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No, my job involved set-top boxes.
Ahhh I see. I was doing the schedule 4 pipe pole with compound mount, actuator drive and assemble the 10'-12' dish c/w alignment and tune the system. We had other guys laying the pipe in concrete. That was my overtime job on Sundays. I thought it was great ...lol... I was young. It was kewL . We also had VideoCyphers... very shady stuFF ;)

Top Bottom