• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Analysis of Paper on Measurements of RCA Cables by Kunchur (Video)

egellings

Major Contributor
To be honest, I wouldn’t trust any papers he writes in his field expertise either. We don’t know how deep his Dunning Kruger goes. He’s an audio sharlatan, why would that be different in other fields?
I dunno. There's something about audio. People get snaky on that stuff. I suspect that a lot of audio lore is belief, rather than knowledge based.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone remember that Isaac Newton was an alchemist? In fact he spent more hours on alchemy than he did any of his other scientific work. He wrote many, many more pages about his alchemy experiments and procedures. I can give Kunchur the benefit of thinking he is a fine scientist in his field while holding the opinion his audio ideas are daft. Hey I believed most of them myself for many years.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I dunno. There's something about audio. People get snaky on that stuff. I suspect that a lot of audio lore is belief, rather than knowledge based.
Well, if you read it on the internet, or see it on YouTube, evidently things acquire the force of blind belief.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone remember that Isaac Newton was an alchemist? In fact he spent more hours on alchemy than he did any of his other scientific work. He wrote many, many more pages about his alchemy experiments and procedures. I can give Kunchur the benefit of thinking he is a fine scientist in his field while holding the opinion his audio ideas are daft. Hey I believed most of them myself for many years.
I did not know that about Newton (nor much at all), but at that time in history doesn't particularly surprise me either.

sq225917

Major Contributor
To be fair to Newton, if he'd just identified gravity, science back then wasn't exactly cutting edge...

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A lot of modern science (especially chemistry) was derived from alchemy.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Anyone remember that Isaac Newton was an alchemist?
Please compare this dude to Newton :facepalm:. Don’t give him that satisfaction. For one, I don’t think Kunchur is crazy, while Newton most likely was.

The way his (Kunchur) papers are constructed clearly shows how his ethics work.

Being devious is something totally different to being crazy.

Last edited:

sejarzo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
A lot of modern science (especially chemistry) was derived from alchemy.

Yep. Alkaline, alkane/alkene/alkyne, alcohol, aldehyde...all derived from terms used by Arabic alchemists.

I took a couple of courses at Purdue from a sort of nutty history prof who specialized in the history of science and technology. He had a particular interest in Joseph Priestley's work, coincidentally shared by my freshman chem prof. Priestley discovered oxygen, which he didn't characterize as oxygen, but rather dephlogisticated air, based on the phlogiston theory widely believed at the time. That theory held that phlogiston was sort of anti-oxygen that was released from burning organic material then reabsorbed by plants. In essence, it was sort of like a mirror image of reality, but it was logical and explained quite a bit!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep. Alkaline, alkane/alkene/alkyne, alcohol, aldehyde...all derived from terms used by Arabic alchemists.

I took a couple of courses at Purdue from a sort of nutty history prof who specialized in the history of science and technology. He had a particular interest in Joseph Priestley's work, coincidentally shared by my freshman chem prof. Priestley discovered oxygen, which he didn't characterize as oxygen, but rather dephlogisticated air, based on the phlogiston theory widely believed at the time. That theory held that phlogiston was sort of anti-oxygen that was released from burning organic material then reabsorbed by plants. In essence, it was sort of like a mirror image of reality, but it was logical and explained quite a bit!
Yeah, the alchemists and first scientists didn't understand what they found. It took time and some very bright men to make sense of it.

Cars-N-Cans

There was a paring knife in our kitchen junk drawer in the kitchen with a circular chunk taken out of it.

I have no idea what my dad was trying to change around with the outlets in their bedroom. The lamp on my mom's nightstand went out when he threw the breaker for "MSTR BR." He opened up that box and decided he needed to do whatever he was intending to achieve from the outlet on his side of the bed...which he quickly learned was on a different circuit.
Even worse was one of my buddies who liked to change sockets and switches without shutting off the breakers.

Me: “Hey, you know the panel is literally right on the other side of the wall, right?”
Him: “Yeah. Too lazy.”

#2 Phillips screwdriver: *BANG*

sejarzo

Forum Donor
Even worse was one of my buddies who liked to change sockets and switches without shutting off the breakers.

Me: “Hey, you know the panel is literally right on the other side of the wall, right?”
Him: “Yeah. Too lazy.”

#2 Phillips screwdriver: *BANG*

"you won't have a problem if you never touch that black wire"

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert

Light is the absence of darkons.

sejarzo

Forum Donor
Light is the absence of darkons.
Yeah, that's a great way to describe it, because the obvious question when one learns of phlogiston theory is that it's just carbon dioxide, which wasn't the case.

Audiofire

Forum Donor

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
"Mr. Majidimehr has serious deficits in his understanding of key concepts:"

A response to this video thread by @amirm

Hopefully some claims in the link that follow the scientific method, otherwise sorry for the inconvenience.
Do you really think we didn’t see this already in 2024?

Read on from here:

egellings

Major Contributor
ooh my... that is some serious words in there. Calling out @amirm directly as dishonest. I had a chuckle at using "cult" to describe ASR.
Boom! whsh-sh-sh-sh-boom! (a fired artillery wound shot & landed). Dem's fightin' words.

DLS79

Forum Donor
lol some of the arguments in that paper sound like those of a butt hurt individual!

Top Bottom