• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Analysis of Paper on Measurements of RCA Cables by Kunchur (Video)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
which is why he says phase integrity is so important we should all be rushing out to buy Wilson Audio Chronosonics
Well...I do time-align my drivers. But digital delay in DSP makes that easy

sphinxsix

@amirm Isn't the wavelength of 20KHz around a little bit higher than one centimeter? Am i missing something in your transmission line explanation?

Speed of light is ~ 3e8 m·s^-1. Frequency is 2e4 s^-1. Hence: 3e8 m·s^-1 / 2e4 s^-1 = 3e4 m / 2 = 1.5e4 m = 15000 m :)

15000 m wavelength may seem a lot, but that wave is really fast. :) All frequencies in signal transmission are quite low compared to those in the "light" domain. Visible light has roughly frequencies between 400 - 800 THz, that's 8e5 GHz. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_spectrum

@abdo123 you were absolutely right - the 20kHz audio wavelength is 1.7 cm, Amir used the expression 'audio wavelength' in this video but what he meant was clearly the wavelength of 20kHz electric signal.

But these are quite old posts and I (although also not very young) am new here, so first of all - hello everybody! :)

And next, I will allow myself to ask - is the claim that there are audible differences between cables supported in any way by science.?

noiseangel

I wonder what he would think if I bought a telescope and wrote a paper on astrophysics, which I know little about.
Just Google it and give it your best shot.

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
He should learn some electronics. From one of his papers. "interconnects lie in high impedance circuits". Output impedances of a hundred ohms are not high impedances.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Ok, got it! Indeed electrons move awfully fast through a conductor.
Surprisingly slowly (at least I was surprised when I first encountered analysis of electron velocity though conductors). EM waves, on the other hand, move at a good fraction of the speed of light.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Surprisingly slowly (at least I was surprised when I first encountered analysis of electron velocity though conductors). EM waves, on the other hand, move at a good fraction of the speed of light.
But SIY, have you ever tried to touch those electrons? Those things are fast. Quicker than I can move my hand that's for sure.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
But SIY, have you ever tried to touch those electrons?
shocker.jpg

Cars-N-Cans

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Reminds my of my sister who liked to back the wall plugs out and drop pennies behind them when we were growing up. Showed me one day and I was like "I don't think that's such a hot idea, Jen." Made a hell of a bang, esp. with the copper plated zinc ones. Really annoyed my parents since after a while most of the wall sockets with things plugged into them eventually ended up with skid marks on the socket covers and walls. Ah, the joys of youth. Provided you don't die along the way, you end up with lots of odd and unusual memories...

sejarzo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
There was a paring knife in our kitchen junk drawer when I was growing up with a circular chunk taken out of it.

I have no idea what my dad was trying to change around with the outlets in their bedroom. The lamp on my mom's nightstand went out when he threw the breaker for "MSTR BR." He opened up that box and decided he needed to do whatever he was intending to achieve from the outlet on his side of the bed...which he quickly learned was on a different circuit.

Last edited:

egellings

Major Contributor
No, he is just neglecting the significance of all he finds for audio, omitting things, etc etc Sure he is a great astrophysicist. He's just having fun, I was serious about it. :D Of course he is also neglecting all kinds of evidence and knowledge on the field, but I guess that's part of the fun too. Anyone is free to write. The fact that someone has accepted as marginally valid any of this papers, that's a different subject.
So long as the astrophysicist writes in his area of expertise, then he is a credible source of information in that field. As soon as he steps out of that field, then he's no better than the rest of us chickens, bedawk!

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So long as the astrophysicist writes in his area of expertise, then he is a credible source of information in that field. As soon as he steps out of that field, then he's no better than the rest of us chickens, bedawk!
To be honest, I wouldn’t trust any papers he writes in his field expertise either. We don’t know how deep his Dunning Kruger goes. He’s an audio sharlatan, why would that be different in other fields?

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have to endorse @voodooless ^^ and others on that. Scientists, true ones, are very humble and have a deep respect for the truth (for what can be proven) in all academic fields and specially outside their own.

Top Bottom