• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Analog all the way through but considering adding a DSP

astolfo

Hello, my system is all analog, except my 2 REL #25, one in the front one in the back, and only have 0-180 phase. I would like to time align them and see if I can get some of the dips and bumps smoothed out.
If at all possible I want to keep the speakers out off the processor, but if I cant get where I want I would consider getting them through the processor.
What would you recommend I use, I would prefer to buy something that matches the sound quality of my system TechDas Air Force III Premium, 1991 Kondo OnGaku, Tannoy Westminster Royals, but at the same time not spend a fortune if I end up not liking it.
I listened the mini dsp 4HD and was not very impressed with the sound.
What would you recommend?
Thank you for your thoughts.

DHT 845

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello, my system is all analog, except my 2 REL #25, one in the front one in the back, and only have 0-180 phase. I would like to time align them and see if I can get some of the dips and bumps smoothed out.
If at all possible I want to keep the speakers out off the processor, but if I cant get where I want I would consider getting them through the processor.
What would you recommend I use, I would prefer to buy something that matches the sound quality of my system TechDas Air Force III Premium, 1991 Kondo OnGaku, Tannoy Westminster Royals, but at the same time not spend a fortune if I end up not liking it.
I listened the mini dsp 4HD and was not very impressed with the sound.
What would you recommend?
Thank you for your thoughts.
Nice system. Maybe you should change subs only for sth. with good EQ built in...

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This may meet your needs.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Why not first see what you can do almost for free? Buy a UMIK microphone first and assess the current state. Next you have two subs that you can arrange around the room and also two EQ’s per sub to play with. With some work, some decent gains can be made.

Otherwise the MiniDSP flex might be an option. It should be quite transparent.

OP
A

astolfo

Why not first see what you can do almost for free? Buy a UMIK microphone first and assess the current state. Next you have two subs that you can arrange around the room and also two EQ’s per sub to play with. With some work, some decent gains can be made.

Otherwise the MiniDSP flex might be an option. It should be quite transparent.
I have a microphone and REW which I have used quite a bit to improve the sound, but still not quite there. the subs are out of phase and since I can only have 0 or180 I cant do much. This our my living room so I can't add a bunch of panels and traps.
How the MiniDSP Flex differs in sound from the 4HD?

Top Bottom