• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

An article John Lennon would be proud of

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
I recently got another MQA article recommended (despite me not liking MQA at all). I usually read them, chuckle, and move on. Article comes from "Part Time Audiophile" or whatever there name is. I get recommended articles from so many companies. Basically the author gets a sampler MQA CD (Techmoan Vibes) from 2L (Known for ass kissing MQA), and not surprisingly, likes the MQA CD. If you want to read the fairly short article, its right here: https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2022/02/01/2l-mqa-cd-the-vinyl-anachronist/

Why am I sharing this stupid article when all of them are basically the same? Well I found an "interesting" quote in it:

"Morten Lindberg of 2L is at the forefront of so many recording technologies–Dolby Atmos, surround, Blu-ray Audio and MQA and much, much more. He’s also the person who puts wooden logs underneath pianos to capture the sound of the immense Norwegian churches where most of his recordings take place."

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Are there non-wooden logs?

Yessir!

1659484269197.png

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I recently got another MQA article recommended (despite me not liking MQA at all). I usually read them, chuckle, and move on. Article comes from "Part Time Audiophile" or whatever there name is. I get recommended articles from so many companies. Basically the author gets a sampler MQA CD (Techmoan Vibes) from 2L (Known for ass kissing MQA), and not surprisingly, likes the MQA CD. If you want to read the fairly short article, its right here: https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2022/02/01/2l-mqa-cd-the-vinyl-anachronist/

Why am I sharing this stupid article when all of them are basically the same? Well I found an "interesting" quote in it:

"Morten Lindberg of 2L is at the forefront of so many recording technologies–Dolby Atmos, surround, Blu-ray Audio and MQA and much, much more. He’s also the person who puts wooden logs underneath pianos to capture the sound of the immense Norwegian churches where most of his recordings take place."
I guess he failed at that when Burzum recorded Aske.

pedrob

"wooden logs underneath pianos". That's creative.

Isolating equipment has its benefits, so why wouldn't you want to isolate a piano? The legs are likely to be wood, but those metal castors are a concern.

Top Bottom