• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

An anxious audiophile

OP
T

tonapo

Thanks again for your replies.
Which leads back to room correction measurements : what is your ACTUAL listening position ?
You can see the position on post 25 I think.

Another track for improvement of your audio pleasure:
Multiply the number of places for music in your house/appartement.
Agreed. I do have a system in the kitchen based or Ruark Mr1s, Topping d30 and a RPI using Roon. Another in the lounge, but really on my AV system.

m using a Dirac hardware (miniDSP DDRC22D) for my main system for years, and I'm quite happy with it, although I'm certain I could achieve the same result for less money, more time... and much more anxiety... by measuring and tuning by myself.
I keep looking at the miniDSP stuff, the miniDSP SHD is the one I keep casting my eyes over but its £1600 here in the UK, which is a lot of money. I probably need to look through the range and see if there is something cheaper I can insert into the signal chain.

You very well might need to get into DIY. This offers something purchasing gear never can do & it is endless on what you can build & change for much,much cheaper compared to the so called highend equivalent. I learned to build of schematics years ago with tube amps & built everything I could off crazy tubes & circuits off all types. When you lite your your build up & listen there is nothing like it. Speakers too...I don't do it anymore as I just listen to music but the ride was like no other.
Maybe, I like the idea, if I did get something like the SHD mentioned above I could do cross-over stuff there.

You can fit a small sub behind the right speaker, you have 55cm as per your diagram so a KEF KC62 can fit nicely, I think.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have thought the same, but its sort of in an open alcove, so I think it would be hard for the acoustics. I wonder if I should DIY a sub, or buy something cheap from ebay to test with. I do have a Monitor Audio Bronze Sub for my AV system but it doesnt go low enough, in theory the Kefs go lower.

ManuCV

Thanks for the suggestion. I have thought the same, but its sort of in an open alcove, so I think it would be hard for the acoustics. I wonder if I should DIY a sub, or buy something cheap from ebay to test with. I do have a Monitor Audio Bronze Sub for my AV system but it doesnt go low enough, in theory the Kefs go lower.
Order with Amazon, try it and you can return it if you don't like it. I don't think the sub will have any problems on that location, acoustics should be fine.
And sorry if it sounds patronizing, but having invested in your R1s (as I did), the price of the SHD is well worth and will solve many of your problems. You should make them justice.

Top Bottom