• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

amps for the Hifiman?

alejo89inter

I have a question, I have the hifiman he400se and the sensitivity is 91dB and the impedance is 25 ohms and I have heard that they are very difficult to have a very high volume due to their low sensitivity of 91dB.

I want a dac/amp or audio interface that will give me a lot of volume, more than 100%, as I love to listen to some songs with very, very loud volume and excellent sound quality.

Which of these options do you recommend? for my hifiman he400se and it can give me a very high volume with excellent sound quality:

the HiBy FD3 with balanced cable? the iFi Hip-dac2 with balanced cable? the RODE AI-1 usb-c audio interface? the Audient EVO 4 audio interface?, and the Monolith Liquid Spark amp, but just the amp and no dac, and could I use an RCA to 3.5mm cable to connect it to my computer with the Monolith Liquid Spark?

charleski

Major Contributor
No idea what hifiman’s sensitivity spec actually means. But Amir measured it at 328mV for 94dB, which translates to 103.6dB from 1V. You can stick that into the power calculator to see how much you need.

The HiBy is a bit marginal, but probably has enough (especially from the balanced out) unless you’re blasting away. Rode and Evo4 won’t really give you enough power. The others will be fine. There are other options like the JDS Element III or Topping DX3+ which will both provide more than you need.

OP
A

alejo89inter

No idea what hifiman’s sensitivity spec actually means. But Amir measured it at 328mV for 94dB, which translates to 103.6dB from 1V. You can stick that into the power calculator to see how much you need.

The HiBy is a bit marginal, but probably has enough (especially from the balanced out) unless you’re blasting away. Rode and Evo4 won’t really give you enough power. The others will be fine. There are other options like the JDS Element III or Topping DX3+ which will both provide more than you need.
1: The JDS Element III is not available on amazon for my country and it is very expensive.

2: I don't know how to calculate what you say, I'm not an expert on the topic of measuring voltages and the rest.
So do you recommend the Topping DX3 better? or which could be better for a very powerful volume?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Make sure the amp can provide 1W into 32ohm and you'll never run out of power.
Look for an amplifier that has at least 12dB (4x) to 15dB (6x) gain.

OP
A

alejo89inter

And which one do you recommend a very very powerful volume? because I am not an expert on the subject to know how much gain in db and watts a dac amp or amp can have. I prefer your opinion that is more expert and can help me.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Look at the specs of amps you are interested in.

Power levels >1W in 32 ohm should never leave you wanting.
> 0.5W is probably already more than you need.

Look at gain... should be at least 4x or 12dB.

I don't give any recommendations.

raindance

Major Contributor
Almost any amp will work fine. They're not a difficult load. In fact they're a pretty easy load with a flat impedance curve. Mine sound great even from my Samsung phone. Just don't get an OTL tube amp as it can't drive such a low impedance (no matter what the manufacturer says).

OP
A

alejo89inter

Almost any amp will work fine. They're not a difficult load. In fact they're a pretty easy load with a flat impedance curve. Mine sound great even from my Samsung phone. Just don't get an OTL tube amp as it can't drive such a low impedance (no matter what the manufacturer says).
the truth is that they are a difficult load due to the sensitivity of 91db and not because they are 23ohm, I already connected them to a fiio k5 pro and it gave a decent volume but not as loud as what I wanted.

OP
A

alejo89inter

Ok, if you just want the simplest answer, you won't go wrong with the Topping DX3 Pro+.
but there is a problem, unfortunately the dx3 pro+ topping that you recommended is not available on amazon to send to Colombia only the dx3 pro LDAC topping remains
and that one has less power only 700mw at 32ohm and it has less gain in dB, therefore it would not give me the power that you told me before.

but i found another solution, i found this amp very cheap for 99 dollars, it's the xDuoo MT-602 and it has 1300w at 32ohm and +15dB, that should give me more power in volume than the fiio k5 pro from what i see,
The problem is that the xDuoo MT-602 is just an amplifier and it doesn't have a dac, and if I buy it I would only have a budget of 100 dollars to buy a DAC, so the idea would be to combine it with a good dac, can you recommend me a Dac with excellent sound quality? With a budget of 100 dollars on amazon but for shipping to Colombia?, to combine it with the xDuoo MT-602.
What do you think of my idea? I don't know what other solution to find.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a question, I have the hifiman he400se and the sensitivity is 91dB and the impedance is 25 ohms and I have heard that they are very difficult to have a very high volume due to their low sensitivity of 91dB.

I want a dac/amp or audio interface that will give me a lot of volume, more than 100%, as I love to listen to some songs with very, very loud volume and excellent sound quality.

Which of these options do you recommend? for my hifiman he400se and it can give me a very high volume with excellent sound quality:

the HiBy FD3 with balanced cable? the iFi Hip-dac2 with balanced cable? the RODE AI-1 usb-c audio interface? the Audient EVO 4 audio interface?, and the Monolith Liquid Spark amp, but just the amp and no dac, and could I use an RCA to 3.5mm cable to connect it to my computer with the Monolith Liquid Spark?
Are you also @shot4d ? Can't be too many Colombian Hifiman 400se owners looking for amps surely?

charleski

Major Contributor
I wouldn’t recommend the xDuoo, cheap tube amps never work very well. If Amazon doesn’t have a decent selection in your country, why not just import direct via Aliexpress? Shenzhenaudio is a fairly reliable seller.

Top Bottom