• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amplifier with optical audio input and remote for 4k TV and Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Speakers

urbanpiper73

I recently bought a 4k Samsung TV and the only audio output on that is optical audio out. AFAIK optical output is not variable, which means if I buy a preamp like
Micca OriGain I won't be able to control the volume from the TV with my TV remote.

I would like to control the volume to my speakers as well. So what is the best amp to setup my TV with my speakers (Pioneer SP-BS22-LR) with active volume control. I am looking for something within sub $150 range. Location - Canada.

Thanks!

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A Yamaha A-S 301 has optical in and a remote, but costs probably more than $150 canadian.

You could buy a DAC that can be used in preamp mode and a remote, say a Topping E30, and then any old or existing amp for the amplification.

Top Bottom