• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amplifier Sonic Signatures

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Don't ask me. I've never heard a Benchmark. But these guys have. Many of these guys are coming from $10000+ DAC's so their standards are higher than most.
"Coming from $10,000 DAC" provides no qualification in this discussion. What does is them saying they set up a controlled test, matched levels and without knowing identity of one DAC vs another, they consistently showed a preference.

That is the only reliable piece of data. You know what the ear really heard. Not what the eyes saw, the brain thought of the design, purchase decision, whim of the moment, etc. Just the sound and nothing but the sound.

So yes, absolutely trust your ears. Just know how to isolate it from the many other things that impact what you *think* the sound is.

You understand this argument, yes? You keep repeating the same mistake and false arguments we have heard as if you have thought of something knew.

Mivera

Major Contributor
That's faith based hearsay. I prefer first hand feedback.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That's faith based hearsay.
And that is exactly what you fed us:

upload_2017-9-16_17-51-24.png

Bring those people and let us question them. Until then, your faith in what someone said elsewhere is indeed nothing but hearsay.

If you the information is not yours -- which is the case here -- don't keep wasting our time with it.

Mivera

Major Contributor
Anyone is free to send PM's to my clients. Your friend with my Purestream will probably provide you with honest feedback. He has to others.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Anyone is free to send PM's to my clients. Your friend with my Purestream will probably provide you with honest feedback. He has to others.
It is not our job to go and investigate your sources. You presented hearsay information, and to the extent you have nothing more, the case is closed and you are left with no argument.

I will start to delete your posts if you keep posting the same hearsay information. As you said, it will be a path to confused beliefs.

Top Bottom