• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amplifier for TPL-150H

morpheusX

I'm building a set of DIY L/R Speakers based on a TPL-150H and a AE TD12M.
Crossover is a Monacor DSM-48LAN.

The TPL-150H is 102dB/1m, the TD12M 96.5dB/1m, so i will have to lower the TPL to match the [email protected].

Given that a mere 20W would get the TPL to 115db@1m, my main goal for an amplifier for the TPL is to minimize the occurrence of Hiss, and to guarantee that a software glitch cannot cause a ear damage.

For now, i will be using a Parasound Zamp V3, which has gain knobs, and from an initial test, does seem to produce any hiss when connected to the DSP.

My dream amp for the TPL would be a Neurochrome Modulus 86, with a THAT1206 to achieve a lowest gain of +14 dB (and all neat things as the Guardian 86, Soft Start, etc). Before Covid, i would travel to the USA at least once per year, and i'm hopping to be able to return in the next year, where i would be able to order the parts to avoid shipping and custom taxes.

Recently, when reading some of the threads here on ASR, i'm wondering if there is any lower power that would be able to provide 20 to 40W of clean power, idealy with low gain, to power the TPL-150H.

Anyone has any suggestion?

Top Bottom