• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amplifier for KEF LS50 Meta + KEF Kube 10b

francis_browndown

Hi dear amazing community,

I know that this thread has been long discussed before, but reading tons of opinions I can't make any clarity to my final decision.
These days I am trying to define and buy an upgraded and new sound system for my living room, that is also the studio where i work everyday.

I'm going to buy a pair of Kef LS50 meta supported with a Kef Kube 10b, in order to fill the lower area where the LS50 are a little lacking.
Now, after several days of researching, I'am stuck in an endless maze of searching for the right amplifier to give the right glory to those great speakers.

My use case is:
  • Budget for amplifier, preferring integrated one: max 1000 - 1500 €
  • Listening position: At my computer desk and on the sofa
  • Listening distance (ear to speaker): 80 cm all day when working at the desk, 3 mt at night when properly listening music or watching movies on projector
  • Music is played from a Mac Studio Ultra at the desk or a Mac Book Pro around the living room, Spotify/Tidal, preferred bluetooth connection
  • I'm going to play many genres of music (electronic, experimental, tribal, ambient, classical, reggae, hip hop..not much ttle rock) mid volume mainly
  • Budget: 1000 - 1500 €

By now my research had led me to understand that cambridge audio cxa81 or hegel h95 are pretty common choices to support the metas, but after reading lot of reviews here about those amps i became a little sceptical about them.
iIs it anyone who can suggest me a final amp setup and drive me to the final decision?

I thank everyone for the help and support

F

Livewire

What about a Hypex amp with a miniDSP Flex as preamp, which will also help you integrate the sub?

juliangst

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I second that. Hypex NC252mp with a Minidsp Flex balanced is easily the best choice for power, low distortion and subwoofer integration

Descartes

Major Contributor
Hi dear amazing community,

I know that this thread has been long discussed before, but reading tons of opinions I can't make any clarity to my final decision.
These days I am trying to define and buy an upgraded and new sound system for my living room, that is also the studio where i work everyday.

I'm going to buy a pair of Kef LS50 meta supported with a Kef Kube 10b, in order to fill the lower area where the LS50 are a little lacking.
Now, after several days of researching, I'am stuck in an endless maze of searching for the right amplifier to give the right glory to those great speakers.

My use case is:
  • Budget for amplifier, preferring integrated one: max 1000 - 1500 €
  • Listening position: At my computer desk and on the sofa
  • Listening distance (ear to speaker): 80 cm all day when working at the desk, 3 mt at night when properly listening music or watching movies on projector
  • Music is played from a Mac Studio Ultra at the desk or a Mac Book Pro around the living room, Spotify/Tidal, preferred bluetooth connection
  • I'm going to play many genres of music (electronic, experimental, tribal, ambient, classical, reggae, hip hop..not much ttle rock) mid volume mainly
  • Budget: 1000 - 1500 €

By now my research had led me to understand that cambridge audio cxa81 or hegel h95 are pretty common choices to support the metas, but after reading lot of reviews here about those amps i became a little sceptical about them.
iIs it anyone who can suggest me a final amp setup and drive me to the final decision?

I thank everyone for the help and support

F

More expensive but worth it

Top Bottom