• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amplifier for Jamos

vcsyc

Hi all!

So, I’ve got Jamo S803 along with SMSL SA-50 STEREO AMPLIFIER 50WX2. I have it connected to Apple TV3 with digital to analogue converter.

Speakers are rated 80/160W @8 ohms.

So, I want to upgrade the amp. Preferably 100W per channel with Airplay capabilities, with orefwrred budget 500usd.

I’m open for all options (amp, network receiver, av receiver, but something compact and nice looking is better, cause maybe Jamos are not the best in class but they are looking stunning)

As for options, I already have shortlisted these:

Airplay 1
Yamaha WXA-50 50w@8ohms 500usd
Martin Logan Forte 50w@8ohms 370usd

Airplay 2
Sonos Amp 125w@8ohms 800usd
Bluesound PowerNode 2i 60w@8ohms 600usd

Open for suggestions.

Thanks

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In your situation, amplification is not what I'd be looking to upgrade.

OP
V

vcsyc

which one? why don't you like Jamos?

upgrading speakers requires huge budget.
Initially, I started with Jamos and cheap amp. then wanted to upgrade amp. and then again get back to upgrading speakers.

dr0ss

A couple of those amps have been measured/reviewed here. Take a look. W/r to the Forte, it doesn't measure very well, OTOH it has excellent reviews (elsewhere) so the room correction might more than compensate for any inadequacies. It is also on deep sale right now at the Martin Logan website (if you are in the US).

OP
V

vcsyc

A couple of those amps have been measured/reviewed here. Take a look. W/r to the Forte, it doesn't measure very well, OTOH it has excellent reviews (elsewhere) so the room correction might more than compensate for any inadequacies. It is also on deep sale right now at the Martin Logan website (if you are in the US).
unfortunately I'm not the US customer :(

Top Bottom