• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amplifier Bakeoff: Purifi Eval1, McIntosh MA252 & Benchmark AHB2

Gueco

I will add that with the focal 906 and the purifi there was no compression of the microdynamics compared to the benchmark. So this problem depends on the speakers.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
I will add that with the focal 906 and the purifi there was no compression of the microdynamics compared to the benchmark. So this problem depends on the speakers.
Thank you for your contributions to the science!

Gueco

I am actually a musician, I play trumpet and piano. I love how cultists with no sound experience think measurements are everything and thats science for you.

Willem

Major Contributor
so lets say I have kef r3 and focal 906, which I do. Both measure well. Are you saying I cannot tell the two speakers apart?
Your original post about making some more money was both socially elitist and scientifically stupid. By the way, I do not doubt you can tell the speakers apart. That is the easy bit. Telling good amplifiers apart is the impossible challenge

Gueco

anyway I hope my advice reached some smart people thinking about buying an amplifier

Last edited:

Gueco

Your original post about making some more money was both socially elitist and scientifically stupid. By the way, I do not doubt you can tell the speakers apart. That is the easy bit. Telling good amplifiers apart is the impossible challenge
you need some real world experience

DHT 845

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Some people do not hear...

Willem

Major Contributor
In real life I am a scientific researcher, and know only too well about research methodology. It is easy to deceive yourself unless you control properly. There is a library full on how to do that properly.

Gueco

In real life I am a scientific researcher, and know only too well about research methodology. It is easy to deceive yourself unless you control properly. There is a library full on how to do that properly.
you have strong opinions without even listening to the equipment, what kind of science is that. I am sure you would tell the difference, its not subtle.

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Why are you sure there is no audible difference between the two amplifiers?
Because you need to be sure of the opposite first, the other day a guy here who have both power amps ( The purifi and the benchmark ahb2 ), listening his ahb2 vs purifi thinks the purifi was a lot better

There will be another day that a random guy will post this Power amp sounds so much better and alive than this '' insert a random power amp '' !. It's always the same boring things.

People always waste his time in placebo things.

If this guy wanted dynamics he should look at the weak slope in the sub-bass region
This is the R7, the floorstanding of R3. Their F3 it's at 60hz.
Untere Grenzfreq. −3/−6 dB 60/37 Hz
1638993725236.png

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am actually a musician, I play trumpet and piano. I love how cultists with no sound experience think measurements are everything and thats science for you.
Ok, that's quite clear to me... First day of membership. Obvious trolling on several threads.
Maybe you need someone to show you the door?

Last edited:
Top Bottom