• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amp to pair with LOXJIE D30

taklop

I'm looking to pair an amp with my new Loxjie D30.
Criteria isn't too wild:
- Cost under £200
- It'll need to power my Beyerdynamic Amiron Homes (250 Ohms).
- I'd like it to have some pre-amp outputs for my powered monitors, and the ability to easily switch between headphone out and pre-amp out, without unplugging the headphones.
~ A footprint that could either sit on the D30 or the D30 could sit on would be prefereable. (So either larger in both length + width, or smaller in both length + width.)

Stuff like the Magni Heresy and Atom look really good, but both require you to unplug the headphones to use the pre-amp functionality, and I'd prefer to not have to do that.

I'm not overly attached to measurements WRT to amps. My old setup was one of the original Schiit Vali's with the tiny microphonic tube from ~7 or 8 years ago...
I know that may upset some people here, but I guess it makes it easier to suggest something, as I'm not measurement picky

unfit327

Curious as to why you wouldn't use the d30 integrated amp? I was looking at swapping my magni 3+ modi 3 stack it the d30 mainly because of the pre out and having to unplug headphones to use it. Also the convenience of one device. Convince my why the d30 amp isn't any good so I don't spend double on the topping e30 l30 stack for convenience.

Magnifico

Iwii Reviews saw the D30 better than E30 as a DAC.
Only complaint regardless of price was the last missing punch of the headphone amp.
The last ooomph. If you don´t use headphones lets say above 100ohms....you seem to not don´t need any headphone amplifier.
Soundwise he seemed stunned. I wouldn´t try it anyways because Loxjie has really awful street credit when it comes to dead or defectiv devices.

I´d sugguest you to use the internal one first and then decide to buy an ugrade if needed.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Iwii Reviews saw the D30 better than E30 as a DAC.
From the Iwii E30 review...
"I first connected it to the Schiit Magni 3 and Fiio K5 Pro (acting as an amp), and E30 immediately showed its skills. It easily pulls ahead of quite capable internal DAC used in K5 pro. It doesn’t really matter that both are based on the exact same AK4493 because DAC sound quality is not in its chip alone. I switched through several songs and E30 kept revealing more details and crisper edges. The increased liveliness of the sound is the next thing that the internal K5 pro DAC section can’t quite match.
From the D30 review...
D30 is on the thicker and juicer side of things. It has decent energy and punch, it’s a bit more fuller sounding than Topping D10. D30 doesn’t really resolve as many details as Topping D50, but unlike D50 it will avoid ever sounding too bright or too analytical
And at this point you cannot take anything this site says seriously. Your DAC is fine. If you cannot get your headphones loud enough, then it makes sense to look at a better amp. As suggested, the L30 is your best bet.

Magnifico

DUDE...we are talking about LOXJIE D30 not TOPPING D30!!!

Topping E30 and L30 combo is a tough one to beat. As a DAC only, Loxjie D30 easily trumps E30 with a fuller and livelier presentation. Not even the addition of a really good linear power supply can help E30 to close this gap. On the other hand, L30 is clearly more potent and it will show that with most headphones. It lends more kick to the bass-line while providing tighter control at the same time. Loxjie D30 sounds a bit softer and less sure-footed in comparison. So it’s a DAC section win for Loxjie and an amplification potency win for Topping stack.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My point stands - the review on the Lox is just as ridiculous - filled with flowery and meaningless audiophile terms
Talking about the tonality, everything mentioned in the previous section still stands. It’s a lush-sounding device with a warmer bassline and lively treble. The notes about wide and modestly deep soundstage are also true with headphones.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah...FAKING facts helps making a point.
You think I intentionally posted the Topping review instead of the Lox, and it was not an honest mistake?

Magnifico

How would I know....I don´t know you at all!
I personally do live with iwii reviews VERY GOOD. They never failed to resemble the opinions of others. Sometimes slightly different....but that is obviously based on the fact that he is a human individual and has the right to do.
I HATE his accent. It drives me crazy. Hard to understand from time to time.
He is one for flowery words but never missed the conclusion for my liking.
If you don´t like his way....be it that way, but using his non native language against him....is a dick move to me.

Other than you I seem to be able to divide the bla bla from the facts.
And this all doesn´t help "taklop" at all.

Do you have any other source to back your words, that E30 is better than LOXJIE D30 when it comes to DAC ?

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't care what you do personally - live and die by iWii reviews for all I care, but I will interject when folks make recommendations or have opinions based on subjective reviews from a single person that appears to have zero foundation in science and measurements.

I have never watched one of iWii's videos, so I had no clue that English was not his primary language, but it's irrelevant.

I never explicitly stated that the E30 DAC is better than the D30 DAC, in fact I said the OPs DAC is fine.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
How would I know....I don´t know you at all!
I personally do live with iwii reviews VERY GOOD. They never failed to resemble the opinions of others. Sometimes slightly different....but that is obviously based on the fact that he is a human individual and has the right to do.
I HATE his accent. It drives me crazy. Hard to understand from time to time.
He is one for flowery words but never missed the conclusion for my liking.
If you don´t like his way....be it that way, but using his non native language against him....is a dick move to me.

Other than you I seem to be able to divide the bla bla from the facts.
And this all doesn´t help "taklop" at all.

Do you have any other source to back your words, that E30 is better than LOXJIE D30 when it comes to DAC ?

Cool your heels. Honest mistake about the DACs. Righteous scepticism about that review site. Its hogwash!

Top Bottom