• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amp for the Denon 3600

Flav

Hello guys
Any recommendation for a stereo amp to drive a pair of Wharfedale Evo 4.2?

conected to the Denon AVR 3600

OP
F

Flav

Hello guys

Nothing wrong just need more power I guess

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Are you sure? Wharfedale is 87dB/1W and most likely not a difficult load.
Recommended Amplifier Power25-120W Peak SPL105dB

index.php

You can get some extra dB to break your speakers easier with this https://www.stereophile.com/content/parasound-halo-jc-1-monoblock-power-amplifier-0

520PHJC1Pfig04.jpg

Last edited:

John Galt

Forum Donor
Hello guys

I added Outlaw 2200 monoblocks (just discontinued) to my X-3500-H and am happy with the results. I can play my music as loud as I dare and neither the receiver nor Outlaws ever get more than warm.

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
With your current amp at 12 feet, you should be hitting 102 db before clipping, pretty loud. If you double the power, you pick up 3db more and will likely be overdricing the speakers. If you really want it louder, you should be looking at different speakers that are more efficient and designed for high spl.

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Nothing wrong just need more power I guess

Have you by the way checked all settings in Denon? There might still be something to adjust - speaker level settings, room EQ, input-related level adjust, quiet mode, spl limiting, signal compression etc. Pure/Direct sometimes helps, but go to speaker settings first!

Last edited:
Top Bottom