• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amp for Stax SR-5

kchap

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Can anybody recommend an amp capable of putting out 30Vrms max into 20Ω? I have an old pair of Stax SR-5 with the SRD-7SB/MK2 adapter. Surprisingly they still work. The figures of 30Vrms max into 20Ω are a guess. I have not been able to find the nominal load impedance of the SRD7.

In theory at least, the ideal solution for my situation would be to use the the SRM-D10 with a custom external passive adapter to convert the 5 pin Pro bias output to 6 pin normal bias and ditch the SRD-7. In practice I've become a bit of a "passion fingers" in my old age so I'm looking for an off the shelf solution.

OP
K

kchap

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You are right, but I was hoping for something more compact. You got me thinking though. I could probably get away with something equivalent to the NAD D3020. Not the version 2 model as it removed the USB B interface in favour of a phono stage.

I have a clearer idea now, a USB DAC with class D amplifier 30~50W.

Top Bottom